Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

My sisters father in law remakes cards using the fronts and sells them for charity (I forget which one but it’s to do with a metabolic disorder that two of his sons died from I think). If any of you have any you don’t want / won’t re-use in another way I’d be delighted if you’d send them to me.

The last two years I’ve taken really care to only use paper and cards that are fully recyclable.

I've only watched the first one so far. I'd love to play the snowball fight. I saw him in Sapporo filming, I guess he was filming this. Everything talks at you in the cities in Japan or musical tones come out of steam vents, something to do with earthquakes but I can't remember what and it's all loud. You step out of your hotel which is all Japanese calm and POW! you're in Blade Runner. 

• Like 1

Today I have road tested an e-bike.  This means a) I am getting old b) I am quite tired c) I am getting old!

We have recently acquired satellite TV which is full of nonsense and football.  However, there is a channel which has a lot of programmes about Japan on it, and I am finding it incredibly restful and very interesting.  One day we may get to see it for ourselves!

Also, don't forget YouTube. It is packed full of very good quality videos. I love watching street food videos, sumo. Tested with Adam Savage is brilliant. Japanology is a curiosity, it's very new but the presentation is like something out of the seventies. I keep watching it because it covers every aspect of Japan. If you haven't had an explore of YouTube then you should. There are quality videos on every subject. It's my go to channel in the evening. For high quality scenic videos type in 4k, those are very sharp. You can 'walk' around streets, ride in train cabs, the list is endless. 

Years ago - before he started work, my husband was chosen to be the subject of a Japanese documentary for the year of the child - I think it was 1978 or thereabouts because he was about 14 or so.  They wanted to focus on Scouts and his group was chosen and because the other scout leaders were studying for their GCE's or whatever it was then - he was the only one with time available being a year younger.  I can imagine my MIL playing for the camera - I have been told that she waved him off with a hankerchief!  Bleurghh!  In those days their dining room was converted to a games room with a little pool table and a dart board.  The film crew wanted to see a game played, but his sister didn't know how to (or didn't want to) so his friend came over - with perhaps his sister being the girlfriend for added interest - did she have a friend to be OH's girlfriend?  Welllll that didn't sit too well, so potential girlfriends had to disappear.  Mostly it was to do with scout chores and camp.  

He has a huge film case but it has never been transferred to DVD, which is a shame - probably all spoilt in there.  I did try to track someone but I couldn't take the risk of posting it off, it not working and being destroyed.  So if you see this programme with a very skinny little boy with hair like Davy Jones, and a very loud mother, playing pool indoors then that's him!