Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

I like the  phrase “technically” aren’t allowed to drink”.  

Good fun though.  I remember taking 20 x 17 year old to Harrods for a trip.   It was an assignment where they had to choose a destination, and make all the arrangements.   We did all get there and back, but it was a bit hairy at times! 

Edited by Patricia W

11 hours ago, patsylabrador said:

Have fun CT, where are you heading for? 

Where staying close to Elephant and Castle, and will do some walking around Westminster, Tower Hill, visit the British Museum, National History Museum and Science Museum. Will do a Jack the Ripper tour and do a musical and then back home again. Tried to squeeze as much in 4 days without making the kids drag themselves from museum to museum or church.

Lovely piccies.

Never noticed the owns, but I did have to sign in again - then it said report error to the bods and I had no authority to go on this post/site - fleeting glimpse as I closed it down.  Reopened and I notice that I did sign in so why the error and why not allowed if I was signed in?  Ah the joys of technology.  

Going to some pub today, to meet up with OH's cousin and her husband somewhere in Somerset, we noticed where the fibre optic cable had been laid in the centre of the road.  To say we were miffed that it stopped short of the Devon border was an understatement!  :lol:

On 1/30/2020 at 1:54 PM, soapdragon said:

Lovely pics, PL. That's a lot of hives! Do they sell the honey there? It's not too far from us but we've never visited. My fault, I think, as I can't enthuse about history after 1745!

I think they do. There's a lovely walled garden and they use the products in their café. It's a pleasant, interesting place to visit. I seem to like history of any period even modern. 

On 1/30/2020 at 5:51 PM, Cat tails said:

Where staying close to Elephant and Castle, and will do some walking around Westminster, Tower Hill, visit the British Museum, National History Museum and Science Museum. Will do a Jack the Ripper tour and do a musical and then back home again. Tried to squeeze as much in 4 days without making the kids drag themselves from museum to museum or church.

That sounds exhausting. I like the variety of things to do. 

• Thanks 1

I saw another bright light last night, similar to the one last year. It appeared overhead and tracked South at about half the speed of the previous one. Definitely space debris because just before it disappeared it split into two. There must be an awful amount of junk up there.

Have no idea, but there are a number of satellite trains flying a round. It’s a collection of 40 odd small satellites that circle the earth and fly close to each other, like a train. They have lights and look like a light trail across the sky. Haven’t seen them myself, but apparently they give astronomers a headache, as they are self steering, so they can’t predict when they will pass overhead.

21 hours ago, Luvachicken said:

I wonder if they run on time :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Probably not; I doubt you'd get a seat either and the catering would be just AWFUL.

Seriously, it's a bit worrying when you think about the amount of junk that we humans have left floating around in space. Sort of a galactic teenager's bedroom really.

There was a deer running around Eastcote yesterday. I felt sorry for it. It was on a busy, noisy junction. I was amazed by the number of people who didn't see it. I was thinking Hey People! LOOK! It survived the junction. It was small, the size of a large fox which is what I thought it was at first. Lots of wildlife live along the tube embankment, do you think deer would do that? We're on the outside edge of London so maybe deer are moving in like foxes and red kites. I've never seen a deer anywhere near here before. 

I should add that the place I saw it is very close to the tube line which goes right out towards Amersham, Uxbridge and so on  which is why I wondered if the deer are migrating along the tube lines. 

Edited by patsylabrador

Could be - you'd be surprised how many are near town centres now that the weather is colder. There was a young red deer careening around Banbury town centre once, no idea where it came from; some folks and I herded it into an empty shop unit where they were doing work, closed the door and turned off the lights while one of the guys got his van - we loaded it into that and he dropped it up to Crouch Hill.

• Like 1