Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

14 hours ago, soapdragon said:

The village facebook page has just announced that they are no longer booking face to face appointments without a telephone call from the GP first. So now it's a case of calling the surgery, making an appointment for the GP to call you back and discuss the symptoms. Then, if the GP deems a face to face appointment appropriate you get one. We have been asked NOT to go into the surgery without a specific appointment booked in this manner.

This is how most appointments are at our doctors surgery.

They have been like that since we moved here 21 years ago.

You have to be nearly dead to actually see a doctor.

They even diagnosed OH with a chest infection without even listening to his chest and gave him antibiotics.

My husband and son visited a cash and carry on the way home from work to pick up some essentials. I was pleased, that seemed sensible. They came home with some bulk buys.... sherry, beer, PomBear crisps, chocolate buttons, cereal, mini cheddars and scampi fries. Nothing very useful, fun yes, but not useful. We're basically some kind of corner shop now. 😂 

• Haha 4

One of our mates was delivering to a store, just a bog! standard delivery and had to fight people off who were trying to steal the toilet roll from the cages. Apparently one woman was absolutely hysterical, wailing and fighting with him. A lot of the truckers are saying the same. I think that people won't be able to maintain this level of hysteria for much longer especially as more and more stuff gets closed down especially sports events (I'm sad about Japan, the Six Nations and the Sumo Tournament which isn't the same if giant men aren't falling on laughing tiny ladies in kimonos) and they have to deal with the consequences of their demands. As I'm fond of saying.. be careful what you wish for. 

School will likely be closing over here next week. Which seems much more sensible than what our prime minister kept telling us up till now. He said kids aren’t a risk group, so could just keep going to school. No word about the teachers teaching them... We are just collateral damage...

I was wondering about DS's school - it is one for disabled children of all sorts from cerebral palsy to haemophilia and more besides - they must be extremely vulnerable as a fair amount of children have to take medication.  

Good to see Rosie coming home, at least she can take part in the releasing of the sheet when in the loo!:lol:

Do I agree with the herd thing?  Nope.  It smacks of survival of the fittest and perhaps a Lord of the Flies re-enactment on a larger scale.

Very informative article CT. Just about everything is shut down here. Schools, non-essential shops, cafes, all sports meetings, in an attempt to keep everyone apart so it doesn't spread too quickly as the health service is getting strained. 300 people in intensive care, 91 have died, 71 of those were over 75. The border with Italy is closed and looks like Spain will be next. Poland has closed their borders. Fortunately we went to the wood-yard yesterday for materials as they are now deemed non-essential and they are all shut. Doesn't look like we will be growing tomatoes or courgettes this year, but we bought our onions and potatoes early so at least we can plant something.

We were told today that taking anti-inflammatories greatly increases the severity of the virus. Don't know if that's been mentioned in the UK? We  have also been told to stay at home and visit no-one; everyone is to be considered infected.

7 hours ago, mullethunter said:

That’s the current situation here

I sort of agree, but the problem is that they can take it home to their grandfolks or more vulnerable family members.

Val, not sure yet is Rosie will come home (it must be pretty dismal up there) she's bluddy minded and obstinate... can't imagine where she gets that from :whistle:

Had to chat to my dad abut hygiene and control - he's being grumpy about self-isolating... he's 88 for Dog's sake! I am in doubt now about visiting him next weekend, even with no physical contact.

Edited by The Dogmother

Erin is the same.  She gets that from my MIL!:lol:  The bolshy bit that is - she gets her stubbornness from me.  I'm glad they are healthy and young enough to cope.  My mum on the other hand . . . glad I took her for that mini joy ride, mind you I've been trying to see how many cases have been noted in the area where I've been!  Almost paranoid about passing anything on to her!

9 minutes ago, patsylabrador said:

I saw an old couple today stocking up on biscuits and red wine. 😂 

Clearly a case of priorities!

I had a spoof e mail from a friend earlier regarding 'restrictions' at various supermarkets...as follows:

Tesco - 2 packs loo rolls, 1 hand sanitiser, 4 bars of soap

Sainsburys - 2 packs loo rolls, 2 hand sanitisers, 2 bars soap

Morrisons - 2 packs loo rolls, 1 hand sanitiser, 3 bars soap

Watirose - 1 lobster, 1 pack quails eggs, 1 pack quinoa

Marks and Spencer - 2 packs pants, 1 pack socks, 1 sourdough loaf

Lidl - 1 MIG welder, 1 wetsuit, 1 set curling tongs

Shop wisely folks!

• Haha 3

Saw the same joke, but it was Aldi with the welder,wet suits and trumpets.:lol:

Oh school's out for summer!  Here's hoping they can play in the gardens to let off steam!  

When I went to the dentist I parked in Waitrose, so get some goodies before I come home.  I bought 2 bottles of wine in case our quilt retreat was still going ahead.  At the moment it has been postponed, so I'm quite relieved but wish I'd bought something I liked rather than for everyone, but hey ho, maybe by the time we get together my taste buds will have adapted! :lol:

Edited by Valkyrie
I did not buy 2 bottles of wind! I know I'm gullible but . . .