mullethunter

Never a good time...

So far in this last two months OH has the scary abdominal thing mentioned in an earlier thread (still undiagnosed), house buying is up and down (currently up except I forgot to tell mortgage company I have a large student loan), but now, just as things were sort of levelling out, OHs dad who has been in hospital with pneumonia for a week and we thought was improving, has had a stroke. Poor OH is in bits and I don't know how - if I can - to make him feel better :( Happy ******* Christmas.

Sorry - I shouldn't bring you all down too - just needed to get it out.

Just to say many of us know how you are feeling, so don't worry about letting it all out on here - we understand :D Illness is such a hard thing to deal with in our loved ones, it makes all the times we are fit and healthy all the more precious. I think all you can do is support your OH, take care of the practical stuff so he doesn't have to, and just be there for him to talk to/sound off at but don't take it too much to heart if he gets grumpy (perhaps that doesn't happen in your house!), he must be so worried.

Let the house buying tick along in the background as much as you can, no sense in bringing in that extra stress onto yourselves if you don't have to.

In the meantime, mine's a lapsang souchong Olly :D

Thankyou all.

take care of the practical stuff so he doesn't have to,
- that is what I'm trying to do for him and his mum.

don't take it too much to heart if he gets grumpy (perhaps that doesn't happen in your house!)
Certainly does happen and no doubt will. This time he'll have good reason. At the moment though he's just very upset.

Thankyou again - just hope his dad gets well :pray: