mollyripkim

My pansies are no more, with photo

hahaha love it! They are just like my hens :lol:

The four plants my lot stay clear of are lavender, heather, the bay tree and rosemary.....anything else they have devoured!

It will be interesting to see what everyone else comes up with for chicken resistant plants!

Mine scoffed pansies like they were the bestest treat ever (including a hanging basket I'd taken down to fiddle with - pansies all gone in an hour).

They don't eat lavender and rosemary. Perhaps surprisingly, they have no interest in primroses/cowslips etc. Peonies have been untouched. Bulbs of all kinds generally aren't interesting.

Unfortunately they also have zero interest in nettles, cow parsley, thistles etc :lol:

Mine only FR supervised for about an hour a day. So far we still have grass! We don't have many plants in the garden at the moment but if they go near stuff they get distracted away with a few mealworms. Only have to shake the bag and they literally fly from wherever they are to me. :lol:

I have the ornamental type too, but remember my garden is tiny and I have blocked access to all other plants besides a few lavenders and indeed a peony (which I forgot to add they don't eat or even destroy either). So they will have a try at anything. Leaves are not interesting, although they did try. A lot... Flowers are unfortunately edible.

I gave in eventually and now have a lovely border full of flowers, however it has large wire panels so the girls can't get at them anymore. The chickens are free range the the flowers are caged! Its not all bad for them though as they have the shrub border which they use for a dust bathe.