The Dogmother

Your view

Hi all, with the help of "He who must obey", here are a few pics from around my house.

First the forest beside the house:DSC_0009_zpsoscous4h.jpg

Then the beach 5 minutes away....DSC_0004_zps6qto1lhg.jpg

But the best bit - We even have a real fairy ( sorry, ferry) at the bottom of the garden!!

DSC_0010_zpsxotuxzvs.jpg

Now who would live anywhere else?

You all live in such beautiful places, I love to see your views and think you are all so lucky although I'm not ready to leave London yet. I've got too attuned to the noise of people and the light pollution. I can't sleep if it's dark and quiet - aka the perfect sleeping conditions!

Any other townies out there with views to share

I took these yesterday on Bishopsgate, generally speaking if I want a walk I head into London. I was there for a specific reason yesterday but I love walking in London.

IMG_20150520_21317_zpstitsjlzb.jpg[/urlIMG_20150520_43689_zps3du8sqht.jpg

Edited by Guest

I feel very lucky,we have lived in this village for 23 years and I have so wanted a sea view. The houses with a sea view are generally very large and expensive.Our little bungalow came on the market last Easter and as it was surrounded by large trees and the for sale sign was quite obstructed and the view was hidden, I think lots of people missed its potential.D M do you use wild garlic? I have thrown about 3 garden wheelie bins out,we are over run with it.Do you just chop up the bulb bit?

D M do you use wild garlic? I have thrown about 3 garden wheelie bins out,we are over run with it.Do you just chop up the bulb bit?

Grandmashazzie - you can use the wild garlic leaves - just chop them roughly and add towards the end of cooking - they have a much milder flavour than bulb garlic. I make a garlic leaf pesto with them - about half and half garlic leaves and parsley as the base with olive oil, a little salt, and some toasted walnuts or pine nuts if preferred - the lot goes in the food processor and you can add grated parmesan if you want. I tend to add the cheese at the table because I usually make it in batches and freeze in portions for use during the year.

Another good thing to do with wild garlic leaves is to substitute it for bulb garlic in dauphinoise potatoes - a favourite treat in our house.

Sorry, nothing to do with 'your view' but wild garlic is just too good to chuck out!

D M do you use wild garlic? I have thrown about 3 garden wheelie bins out,we are over run with it.Do you just chop up the bulb bit?

Grandmashazzie - you can use the wild garlic leaves - just chop them roughly and add towards the end of cooking - they have a much milder flavour than bulb garlic. I make a garlic leaf pesto with them - about half and half garlic leaves and parsley as the base with olive oil, a little salt, and some toasted walnuts or pine nuts if preferred - the lot goes in the food processor and you can add grated parmesan if you want. I tend to add the cheese at the table because I usually make it in batches and freeze in portions for use during the year.

Another good thing to do with wild garlic leaves is to substitute it for bulb garlic in dauphinoise potatoes - a favourite treat in our house.

Sorry, nothing to do with 'your view' but wild garlic is just too good to chuck out!

That pesto sounds great; I'll have to give it a go.

Also, since wild garlic's taste is kind of like a cross between garlic and chives, you can consider making a variation on the theme of Vichyssoise or leek and potato soup. That'll get rid of a lot of leaves, depending on your tastes. Alternatively, you could put a thick layer of leaves on the bottom of a roasting tin, place your shoulder or leg of lamb on top, drizzle over a glass of white wine, cover with tin foil and slow roast.

Can you tell it's getting close to lunch time as I post?

Well that just reminded me of why I needed to escape working in Feltham! :lol:

London proper looks so good in photos but I could never live there - bad enough working there in days of yore - the black stuff that got up your nose couldn't be good for anyone. My collars used to end up engrained - nicely mixed with perspiration from travelling on the tube! :vom:

Nice tin mine photo and lovely beach. Pretty garden too. I can't wait for my peonies to flower. They have got big this year from being weedy last year and covered in buds. Probably on holiday when they do. :roll: At the moment it's all aquilegias. Double blues and purples with a few wishy washy pink ones.