Christian

The Weather Thread #9

Turned the heating off today - it was too warm!  We were out in the garden for a while, the girls are now living in the eglu in the greenhouse so we can dismantle the cube ready to move and the turf going down.  Except it's now a quagmire in the garden.  It rained this evening and the wind picked up and it's still raining.  I expect to see no snow left by morning.

DD went on the same walk we all did together on Sunday, only it took almost an hour per mile.  I asked why it took so long if it was in sub-zero temperatures.  She said it was only -1 and she had to jump in every snow drift she found.  :roll:  Later she said it was snowing again this evening!  

A bit of a grey day really - we may have had a smidgeon of sun earlier though - it wasn't enough.  But quite mild and we've been in the boggy garden all day clearing up and dismantling the cube.  That was the dry part of the garden.  Still little bits of snow around but pretty much all clear now apart from behind the greenhouse.

Well, it's still snowing here, grrrr! However, there was some rain overnight which softened the snow so I was able to make a wee route for the girls so that they didn't have to walk on the snow! Spoilt, I know! And look at the wellies that arrived today! I love them!

DSC_0445.JPG

DSC_0444.JPG

• Like 1

Not a bad day today, the sun shone enough to dry the rotavated soil so it could be raked.  Needs a little more dry weather to break down the clumps a little more, but  unfortunately I can hear rain lashing at the windows at the moment.  Ah well.  We'll have to wait a few more days for the turf to be laid!

Another rain on and off day but it did get misty in parts while travelling home last night.  This morning said it was supposed to have the odd thunderstorms dotted throughout the day.  Bearing in mind my fear of them I hastily went on to the radar (helpful - not) and then satellite.  There's a huge swirly just off Cornwall!  The tail is flicking round Iceland so they can keep it, but it seems to be pushing other itty bits up from Spain/Portugal/France over the Bay of Biscuits.  There does seem to be an overload of swirlies lately!

So at the moment it's warm, has rained a bit, but dry at the moment.  I see blue sky to the west and yuk to the east.  We are under the yuk bit.  On the brighter side - we won't need to water the turf!:lol: