Christian

The Weather Thread #9

We got quite a lot very quickly as it was proper big snowflakes not the ‘dandruff’ that usually falls in urban areas.  Went 12 miles down the road for a hospital appt and there was nothing but it there was very wet sleet so assumed  it had melted there.  Got home to find we’d had another load and the local council say we are due another 6 hours worth tonight   We had to divert to get to the hospital as a major road by the local hospital was shut due to accidents.  Slightest snow around here and the accidents start.  Dreading tomorrow with snow on top of ice.  Roads will be awful too may people around here can’t drive in hazardous conditions 

Edited by ajm200

Crikey, where are you?

Just let the dogs out and it's trying to snow here again; I wouldn't be surprised to wake up to a good bit of snow tomorrow. Luckily I put the frost screen on the car.

I think it’ll be the black ice tomorrow that’s the biggest problem.  It snowed, then melted a bit, now it’s frozen again

Sandhurst.   Between M3 and M4 and the local roads are rat runs for drivers travelling between the two. 

AJM200 gosh I hope you don't get much more. I hate the stuff, it's pretty but trying to get up to the main road scares me. 

We've had some that settled on cars but has started to thaw. I think even if we don't get any more driving to school in the morning is going to be interesting. 

Take care Omleteers. 

Ajm my old neighbour has texted (from the sunny Caribbean) to say her daughter reported a lot of snow.  We were in Hook so not very far from you!  We had a few flurries this morning along with rain, so it soon turned to sleet.  It was beautiful first thing with a bit of frost.  After that we had rain for the most part with a few gaps of sun.  Clear and bright outside now.  We do have the ice warning, and seeing as the roads get like rivers when it rains, then I can imagine how dangerous it will be - downhill skating!!!  

My daughter drove home in snow in Leamington Spa and her other half said it was snowing in Northampton all day!  

Looks like it's going to be rather unsettled now for the next month or so.  Batten the hatches and be careful.