Christian

The Weather Thread #9

Very changeable yesterday. Brilliant sunshine one minute and heavy rain the next.

We've had hail and heavy showers this morning and it's very windy again.

Hope we have better weather tomorrow morning. We've having a new sofa delivered and it's going to be a very tricky manoeuver getting it through the front door. Our old cottage is such a stupid shape... I'm having visions of one half of the sofa being stuck outside in the pouring rain... :roll:

Good luck tomorrow Groovy! It's like heavy April showers that get blown along really fast. So wet, sunny and windy. Although mostly wet and windy. No point in gardening because it's all very soggy out there. Sometimes I wish we had a bit more sandy soil than clay!

Good luck tomorrow Groovy!

Thank you Val, we needed it!

The new sofa was wedged in the hallway for a good 20 minutes whilst the increasingly frustrated delivery men tried to work out a way of getting it in :anxious: One of them was stuck in the living room though with no escape, so I knew that they'd figure it out somehow!

The weather was horrible yesterday. Heavy rain with just the odd flash of sunshine. It's started of drizzly and grey today. I just want it to dry out for a bit. The mud is driving me mad!

Glad you had a dry sofa, Groovy! My son is renting an old Victorian mid-terraced house and where the front door is, the lounge entrance is at a 45 degree angle - the other opening is for the stairs - no door, just a curtain across to keep the draughts out! So he had a huge sofa. It wasn't easy but they got it in eventually (a lot easier from his first top floor maisonette - nightmare that was). So I quite understand the juggling that goes on with the furniture!

Today was OK sunny-wise but more hazy in the afternoon. We had some cloud - clouded over much more this evening. Again a chill in the air but managed to do some gardening and have a little walk.

start warm and over cast here but sun's been out about 45 mins bonus really as it's been forecasting rain all today since mid week got another bed part dug on the plot today just leave one bed to clear and dig and 2 beds that need a 3rd doing

Lots of brimstone butterflies out today. Lots of bees. Interesting that the blackbirds are only just collecting grass and twigs (and pulling up my aubretia strands little :silenced::silenced::silenced::silenced::silenced::silenced: ).

Lovely day but you can still feel that chill. Had a look on the satellite and it's a huge nasty storm heading across the Atlantic. My neighbour has been in New York and sent me a video of a pick up with a snow plough on the front clearing the snow in the car park. I hope they didn't get the 2/3 feet that they were warned about!

On the other hand if it does get here, it won't last as long now. Besides, it's snowed on my birthday in April before - a foot and a half! But that was when I was 8. It soon turned to slush and I was able to ride my new bike soon after.

Can't get motivated in the garden though. :(