Christian

The Weather Thread #9

Lovely day here but very windy. Thankfully calmer than in other parts of the UK though :shock:

Managed to get the cube cleaned out and changed most of the bedding. It's such a faff when the chooks are all milling around though :roll:

Still feels fairly mild here for the time of year but maybe all that will change tomorrow...

Possibly he most horrible weather day working outside since I've been in this job. Torrential rain from start. 6 degrees first thing, wind got up late morning so sideways torrential rain, then from around lunchtime the temperature started to drop. My last stop saw me huddled behind a wall trying to keep out of driving torrential sleet and 1 degree. Horrible. Blizzardy snow across the moors on my way home. Got back - sun came out!! Typical.

Now windy, cold and hail/sleet showers. Don't fancy the ice in the morning.

Quack quack (duck)(duck)(duck)(duck)(duck)(white duck)(white duck)(white duck)(white duck)(white duck) quackety quack!

I'm getting webbed feet! Throw me a lifebelt somebody! Honestly this rain is persistent and a fair few flooding in parts. Some places had huge ponds across the road last night and I don't think it stopped for a breather since!

All I can say is that the girls aren't particularly bothered about being locked in with all this and the snow (which luckily wasn't too bad here) so they aren't exactly missing the great outdoors.

Nice to have something different Groovy! :lol: Now come summer we'll be back to wanting sunshine! Apparently in South Farnborough it had recorded -8.1 on Friday night. I can believe that! I have no idea what it is today but -2 last night around 5pm, so possibly very much lower overnight and this morning. Today the house across the road that's front is in the shade all the time until later in the year has frost over frost over frost - it looks like snow! Same for the very shaded areas of our garden. Although the sunsets have been beautiful with that deep blood-red on the horizon. No clouds, just the strip of colours changing to night. Ahhhh. Brrrrr! But it doesn't feel as cold as Friday although it's colder than yesterday. Brass monkeys!!!

Wow! Hope it wasn't thawing out while they were on it.

All the drinkers have been turned back into water - a thick bucket of ice is now half water half ice. One pot started growing ice an inch over the rim! But it's shlooped back down. Our neighbour's house that looked like snow all over yesterday now has normal roof and front garden, so it's very mild compared with more recent temperatures. I don't think I'll get my cozzie on just yet though. Foggy start to the day.