Christian

The Weather Thread #9

Yes it was a very beautiful misty morning here. Very poetic DM. :D Sun up now but I have to admit I've actually put the heating on just now as my tootsies are frosted. Actually hubby whinged over the weekend and last night about how cold he was and I was quite happy without a jumper, so I told him no, he couldn't turn on the heating. That's 2 years I've turned the tables on him! I used to turn the heat on the moment he left the house in days of yore but this menopausal thing has been brilliant! :lol: Payback!

Must admit we've been so lucky with the weather. I feel that we may pay for it now and the rain will come and so will the cold. The squirrels have been going crazy burying acorns - not so much this time last year though, so that makes me wonder if it's going to be a snowy one again.

The sun takes ages to get high enough now and the chickens are now sitting on a bench at the bottom of the garden to try and get some rays while the rest of the garden is in shadow. Wind has picked up as it was so still yesterday - the leaves are flying off the trees, yet so many still look beautiful and green for the most part. I'm wondering if the ash trees have a bit of a problem here now - some have struggled to keep their leaves and they were so late to grow this year - the oak was romping well ahead by the time anything sprouted on them. So the old rhyme worked well this year: oak before ash, we're in for a splash - rather than a soak.

We have been in Somerset this week and apart from Saturday the weather has been stunning. We didn't get away during the summer so this has been a real bonus. Our first holiday on our own since bc (before children) :D

We have been walking,eating, drinking a bit :liar: and riding around on steam trains 8)

Feels a bit milder this morning after a few very chilly starts.

Had to de-ice the car a couple of days ago :shock:

The days have been lovely though. Lots of warm sunshine but a chilly east wind yesterday.

Time to put all my pots back in the greenhouse and the flip flops have been put away for another year :(

nice sunny day here complete contrast from yesterday

leaves here are dropping fast filled to wheelie bins on one job yesterday afternoon and I mean filled rammed them down solid got the same tomorrow on car park next door

nice thing is no wind to spread them out