Christian

The Weather Thread #9

Thought I'd do some work in the garden. Big mistake. Dived back indoors. No wonder - over 80!!!! Which is how old I felt as I headed indoors!

Went out with a friend this evening - while we were there flash boom thunder and lightning. There were a couple of rumbles but it was only spitting when we went outside to come home. Here is bone dry - Thor knows to steer clear of me. :wink:

Took the boy to work today and couldn't believe how humid it was when I got out of the car! It hit me for six and so hard to breathe when it's like this. Did the same yesterday visiting my mum. I have cold air blowing on me in the car - sometimes with air con but if it's not that warm then cold air suffices - needless to say I didn't feel it was that warm and the air con wasn't on!!!!

Sun is out now but my goodness the damp from the rain (which wasn't much yesterday) took ages to dry - still damp in some shady areas.

Yup quite a chill in the air this morning - the windows have still got a little condensation on the outside! Sunny today though - which will be spent in the flower borders to weed and mulch and any last bit of planting before winter - that fine tuning moment between baked hard and quagmire that we get with clay soil!!! :roll: