Christian

The Weather Thread #9

Oooh big stormy bits on the radar - Manchester way and going north. Our turn later apparently.

Nice breeze today but I did get up to magpies yelling about 5am. Saw the biggest hedgehog ever wandering down the garden. Probably off to bed after a drink of water and a feast of huge slugs (saw one of those at the same time also off to bed for the day). I'm going to call him Harold the Huge. Left the chooks door open last night but not the run so I was waiting for them to start yelling. Got up did some chores, did the ironing put the ceiling fan on (bliss) let the girls out and thought hey ho cup of coffee and breakfast. I thought it was around 10am. Nope, 7.30! My body clock is off kilter with the heat!!!

Raining-ish. Lovely cool breeze on my face as I woke to hear pitter patter sounds. Well that and a very noisy crow! It's nice to have it back again but I don't think there's enough to sink into the ground - just a smattering over the top - let alone fill the water butts. Cloudy and dull but am told it'll be "showers" for today.

Well what a change! Raining. Which is typical because I hosed the garden this morning. I also hosed myself when I fell over. Had to have a nice bubble bath to warm me up!

Rather light this afternoon but at the moment it sounds rather heavy and steady. Which will be lovely to listen to as I go to sleep - I find rain very relaxing at night.

Hope your thunderstorm arrives, that heat sounds so debilitating :shock:

Quite different back home- a day of solid, heavy rain yesterday.

Very breezy overnight and raining steadily now. Enjoyed a good nights sleep, lovely and cool, listening to the downpour.

Would like the sunshine back soon though!

After the heavy rain in the night and a little lighter stuff in the morning it eased off. The clouds remained though and it did spit occasionally but not enough to warrant a coat. No air at all - made myself yawn to try and breathe on a walk. Very muggy indeed. Stayed indoors because that was better. The chooks looked rather depressed too!

I think I heard rain in the night - but it was one of those nights where you pull the covers over, throw them off again. Hazy sun and chilly first thing - more like September! I haven't heard the wild birds for the last 2 days - the odd squawk or cheep but this morning even the magpies and crows were quiet (I can hear the mags now). Thankfully I can breathe today. More of a breeze bringing some fresh air, so a bit more awake - or is that because I've had my coffee?