Christian

The Weather Thread #9

Quite overcast but with lovely warm mizzle this morning.

Sunny now and getting warmer.

I need to get a new weather station. My outside sensor stopped working during the last spell of hot weather.

Can anyone recommend a replacement? Don't want to spend a fortune so it would need to be fairly basic!

Picked a foolish time to paint the summerhouse :roll: I'm wilting!

I can beat that I'm fitting a 7 bay fence in a south facing garden with no shade digging post holes into rock hard clay 2 days to dig 9 holes is embarrassing. 4 days in the last month I've walked of a job just after dinner because of the heat never done that before in the last 30+ years

Oooh we have wet stuff! Saves watering the beans! Although at the moment I doubt it's sunk in much. There's a huge patch coming across the Atlantic that seems to be heading directly for us - don't think it will bypass us this time unless it rains itself out over the sea! Slightly cooler in the mornings but it was a case of throwing all the covers off last night - even the sheet!

We had a spot of rain last night - not enough to even begin to make a difference, but it is slightly damp and humid this morning.

They harvested early here; took the first of the rape in 3 weeks ago, barley and wheat in too, some hemp still in the fields, but they've now started to get 2nd crops in, and there have been 2 crops of hay this year too.