Christian

The Weather Thread #9

What a change from yesterday - there was a red admiral sunning itself out the front - probably getting the heat from the house wall. There are still nectar plants in flower so hopefully it won't mind that I didn't have a rotting apple for it. Today murky and then the rain started - and still going strong.

Keats! DM! No wonder you were sounding all poetic a while back! :lol:

Gorgeous day yesterday and then all of a sudden, a wall of fog engulfed the valley. I could barely see 15ft ahead of me on the afternoon dog walk.

Murky and wet this morning. It brightened up for a while but looks like it's starting to darken again.

Roll on the Solstice. Murky, short days are so rubbish!

So warm today that I ended up taking my coat off whilst waiting in the playground for YS - ended up in T shirt and jeans! How ridiculous is that at this time of year :roll:

Similar forecast for the rest of the week here - in the run up to Christmas not sure whether to be pleased or not :wall: On one hand the heating bills are down and it's a more comfy temp but, on the other, its not really Christmassy :? Honestly, some people are never happy :oops::roll:

Was very warm here today too, although a little misty first thing. Lovely sunset although rather thin - I love the burnt orange glow on the horizon. Not sure if that's Neptune that we can see to the south, shining nicely. Looks big whatever it is. So that means a cold night then! So boggy in the garden and I don't think we've had that much rain - just nothing to dry it out.

WE had horrific fog on Friday night - very patchy, but down to 20ft visibility in places; drove over to OH's and at one stage was driving along at 25mph, along the white line and with my hazards on :roll::shock: His MS is a firefighter and is often on call; he was out most of the night.

Been lovely today after a damp start. Brilliant sunset.

it's been cold here but it's been quite nice to be out in even managed to work on the plot with out a coat on it makes a pleasant change for it not to be windy down there. that part of WB is a bit of an exposed south facing hill and it blows straight up the M5 corridor from the Bristol Channel