Christian

The Weather Thread #9

Bitterly cold but nice in sheltered spots. The wind has dropped too, but otherwise it's been a mostly beautiful day. We did get a bit of cloud around lunchtime and we even got rained on (thankfully got back to the car in time) in Henley. I may have been visiting a certain quilt shop there! Took hubby with me for the ride - we could see the anvil clouds - thankfully missed us!

half decent day on the main today sun out most of it but windy went a bit damp about 4:30pm tomorrow's forecast rain again like yesterday typical really Apricot and early plum both in full blossom and the weather turns rotten for bees :x

Terrible weather this morning. Went to visit mum and all down the A303 was a brown river racing along the sides of the road! At times it was so bad visibility was very poor - and yet there are always those who drive without any lights on at all! But the sun came out - still cold - but the blue sky was great to see. A few big clouds built up but looked worse than they were. Did miss some cloud bursts in places though. All dry here since the deluge this morning.

This morning dull, cold and misty - but hey ho it's gorgeous out there! Done lots of weeding. Mainly Hampshire County Council's sycamore saplings. I've filled 2 bucket loads and only done one small raspberry bed (4ft x 4ft). The garden is covered with those blighters. I've a good mind to send them to the council!!!

Thought I'd drag this thread back from the depths to announce the most amazing thunderstorm last night!

Started at 1.30 am and went on for a couple of hours. Torrential rain to fill the water buts too :D

Got up to watch it so feeling very tired today.

I think we had this on Weds night from 10pm. No rain though, and only lightning. We sat out and marvelled it was so warm and quite spectacular. It was still going 6 hours later! Yesterday was warmer in Sussex and Normandy than it was here :shock: Overcast today, rain forecast for tomoz.