Christian

The Weather Thread #9

Bucketed down at 2am, with biggest loudest claps of thunder ever. It seriously sounded as if a giant was moving house! I understand the south coast got it bad and I hope everyone in Cornwall/southwest is ok too. DM, not one drop.... are you in The New Forest I seem to remember.

We had rain, quite heavy, from about 8.45pm and quite a few rumbles of thunder lasting for well over an hour. It's obviously rained quite a lot in the nigh too judging from the state of the ground this morning. DM, it must only just have missed you, either that or the M40 was too busy :roll:

It was awful here! One of the chook peeps texted to say she'd been watching the lightning strike website and it was pretty close to a couple of us. It was dark but I couldn't hear anything. Then BOOM! Dashed out to do the girls - they'd gone to bed early, so that was lucky (so dark with the clouds) and just as I was on my way indoors it started to rain. Cheers Chicknboo! Then we watched and OH asked what the ticking noise was - that my dear is the sound of lightning strikes - and on screen they send out ripples too! So cool! Like a Geiger counter it was! The rain was so intense that the gutters couldn't cope - and we couldn't see across the road! Luckily it passed quick but then the next wave was on it's way and hanging around offshore. I'd been looking on radar earlier and saw the red over The Lizard, so Coverack isn't far from there.

So 3 times I was woken up - OH slept through the lot. Even the overhead one that set off someone's alarm! I'm overflowing with caffeine so I'm not tired any more! :lol:

Cloudy for a long time today and eventually it turned into a nice evening. Loving the cooler temperatures. :D

Well we finally had a little rain last night - must have been pretty light though as it's still dry under the trees and bushes. This morning is dark and drippy, looks like we are due more as well :pray:

OH's sister is alive and well; luckily she is above Coverack, on a lane off the road into the village. We were worried that the water would flow through her cottage, but she was lucky. The stream which runs along the bottom of 'her' valley was a torrent down to the sea, and her greenhouse was smashed by the hail!! PHEW!!!

Woke to heavy rain this morning but it seems to be getting lighter and is forecast to dry up by mid morning. Def more comfy temp today. Forecast to dry up mid morning. YS finished yesterday so hoping to take him out for the pm in the dry whilst ES will e off to the bus stop with his brolly!

the rain stopped about 10amish yesterday nothing heavy or torrential for us but it did nothing to clear the air it stayed muggy and humid all day

today it's just damp and windy can't call it rain really wasn't worth putting my rain coat on while I was loading up the last of the rubbish from this weeks job and I still ended up drier than the last 4 days out in the 'dry' weather