Christian

The Weather Thread #9

it's cold here but not unbearable to be out in I've spent most of the morning sitting on the drive swapping the blades around on my garden shredder 4 sets about an hour each to free up and put back together was hopping to do the lot in an hour and half

Jolly cold for the first time this winter, max 11, min of 3, and sunny but strong easterly wind....right up my back whilst planting agapanthus and trees. Scuttled inside and it's taken 3 hours to warm the sitting room up, usually toasty in an hour. We are using oak logs today instead of the eucalyptus, and I am putting extra chilli on my dinner :lol:

The forecast was for frost last night but we didn't get below 1C; not unusual in the 'microclimate' here. The snow forecast this morning didn't arrive and the winds are much lighter, but there's time for it to change. With the temperature outside now up to just 3C it's the first time we've not been out continuously; central heating is inside doing its job! Forecast is -5C tonight and I doubt we will escape that, so drinkers will be emptied and refilled in the morning.

Supposed to be sunny tomorrow so hopefully it won't feel that cold at the Christmas Market.

It's -6C outside, but dry and sunny so will be a nice day. No snow.

We bought a place and moved in August Ursula123 having been looking for 5 years. Traded mountain views for West wind shelter based on our rental experiences, but a 5 minute walk gives us a great view of them. We rented in the Dordogne for a year looking at places in Lot but changed our area based on the weather.

started off damp this am but brightened up about 11ish (about the time the breeze picked up) for an hour or so then went grey but it wasn't to bad to work in at least I managed to get some fire wood cut and stacked and the mob had a few hours FR

Looking forward to the cold crisp sunny weather returning this weekend

same here today's been dull no breeze at all to shift the clouds and a bit muggy till late afternoon the gnats have had a field day with me hedge cutting in the morning clearing leaves all afternoon not fun

it was a half decent day yesterday had a bit of sunshine midday and warm enough to leave the coat off

at the moment it's wet and windy here but it's not the howling gale We were forecast just hope the rain stops mid morning as forecast as it looks like tomorrow isn't going to be a dry day after all

it started here about 6am eased off about 8am then cleared up about 10am nice sunny morning till about 5mins ago when it started to cloud over again it's still windy but nothing major snows only wet rubbish stuff off the Atlantic

mind there's at least 2 schools local that have panicked and closed for the day one barely gave 15mins notice, main roads were clear paths were just wet snow inch at most. a few folk were moaning in the supermarket when I went shopping that no one knew about the snow coming I held off snapping at them :lol: