Christian

The Weather Thread #9

We had a light covering here of wet snow that froze at sometime this morning. I went out about 9ish (had to get chicken feed) thinking it was just a bit of snow but had to s"Ooops, word censored!"e of ice from the windscreen. this side(north) of West brom just as I say a light covering and a little bit of ice t'other side (south)of West brom and out to Blackheath the snow was a bit deeper but on all the exposed junctions/roundabouts it had turned to ice were the traffic hadn't go over it but in less that 20mins when coming back the ice had started to throw in a lot of places.got back to just down from home and heading to Wednesbury north of Me no snow at all

it's windy and light cloud here now with the sun trying to break through

Woke up to snow turning to sleet this morning. Yuk! OH usually does a morning walkabout - but that was limited as far as the post box and said it was now slushy. Followed by more rain and it's only just gone. Not much snow but more than the other week as the grass was covered with only a few blades sticking out.

We have a good few inches of snow. Only stopped at lunchtime. It is very wet snow but a frost is forecast tonight so driving will be tricky in the morning.

There are tracks on the road where vehicles have been but also a lot of standing water and some water has snowy slush on top. Very strange day weather wise here.

The BT overhead wire fron the telegraph pole next door which goes across our garden and drive to our other neighbours house snapped and lay across our drive. When I got up I cleared a path to our bins and all was fine, went out five minutes later with littlest granddaughter and the wire was laying across the drive and cars. Once we got through to BT they came out very quickly to check all was safe.

Chrissie

Dry here today but, my goodness, the WIND! Got woken at around 4.00am by gusts and has been bad all morning. Have just got back from my 'round the village' walk where I really absolutely seriously very very nearly got blown over on an exposed stretch with the gusts coming over the fields :shock: It frightened me! Had visions of the next car along the track being greeted with the sight of a pair of walking boots sticking up out of the ditch :lol:

Had to bike to a shop today and nearly ended up in a waterfilled ditch! :shock: luckily the wind wasn't head on, although I would have been home in a jiffy, but probably never would have arrived at the shop!

Hope the wind will go down tomorrow for New years. I really don't like fireworks to start with, but with this wind it will be positively terrifying...

Strange times indeed. We did have a very frosty day -2 but it was absolutely beautiful. The wind had dropped and we had a lovely walk. Not so lovely was crossing a road and I slipped on ice - I can say that for the first time ever I did such a graceful curtsey and glide on one knee that I could have scored better than Torville and Dean! Not even bruised! Also took the opportunity to clean out the girls while I could. A bit different yesterday! Windy and wetty and thunderstormy to the south east of us - pitch black and enormous rumbles first thing in the morning! Today looked bleh but ended up reasonable and very mild. Was walking around the garden in my t-shirt (and skirt and other bits - not half nekkid) - it is very muddy and squelchy down the end of the garden!