Christian

The Weather Thread #9

Blink in heck was it cold today. The thermometer in the van said 4.5 but with the wind chill it was one of the coldest days at work I've had in the last ten years. Took ages to defrost my hands and feet!

Don't hold yer breath.... will be even colder tonight and tomorrow!

Our melting stuff has gone all crispy again :roll: was in the office this morning, but they decided to close it at 2pm, so came back to work at home, but the VPN isn't working, so I can't get much done. Very cod temps predicted for tomorrow and the office is closed again with us all expected to WFH - reckon it was a loading issue! Took the dogs out earlier - was very chilly, but absolutely gorgeous.

Have had about 25 cm of snow yesterday and today. Had to go to work with the stupid public transport... took me an hour and 35 min, were normally I'm in school in 30 min by motorcycle. :evil:

Haven't seen the chickens since yesterday. They are sulking in the coop... their run is as good as snow free, but they just won't budge. I even shoved them out with a broom from the back end! But the madams didn't budge. Gave in and fed them some wet cat food in the coop. Don't want them to starve.

we had snow about 3:30am by 7am it had started to melt then the temp must have dropped as it started to freeze fast I went out at 7:45 to physio and it was bad then came out at 8:30ish and it was a skating rink the car park at the supermarket was a complete ice rink the main roads arn't to bad now but the side roads are just ice

Hardly any sleep on Thursday - even got up with a torch. I was convinced there was a hedgehog outside, and/or something on the bird feeders as I could hear that swinging on the pergola. Nothing (although with regard to a hedgehog, I'm glad that was the case). At 2am that was really irritating. Could have least been a badger. Nothing on the feeders and nothing on the ground. Turned out to be the blinking rose bush. :roll: Back in bed with the covers over my head!

But yesterday was a reasonable day and we went for a walk. Clouds broke to sun and it was warm in sheltered spots but a very cold wind indeed. Temperature dropped rapidly after lunch. This morning it is frosty, although not as bad as the other day because the water in the dishes haven't frozen. I do rather wish we could hibernate too.

Was it snow? Was it rain? Was it slushy sleet? Not sure but it was certainly COLD! That was this afternoon.

Nasty icy roads this morning but saw a very strange 'rainbow' thingy in the sky which looked like someone had put their paintbrush in the rainbow colours and drawn a comma shape on the clouds! Never, ever seen that before - it was dry at the time! Not sure what that w :clap:

Interesting, DM. I have Googled Parahelion/sundogs but these seem like a bit more of a corona round the sun kind of thing. This was not near the sun but randomley in the sky some way from the sun......very beautiful with vivid colours but faded very quickly. Whatever it was, we were so glad that we had seen it :D

Pretty clouds. Maybe cirrus meeting cross winds? I love cloud watching. My husband hates me cloud watching - because I make shapes out of them and he has no imagination - pfffft! Best photo I ever took was Santa's sleigh in Scotland. Then again over here I thought ooh silkie chicken and had that photo on my phone for years. :lol:

But today started very frosty, but a nice day - did have a little bit of rain but not enough to make the ground wet. Late this afternoon the clouds gathered and when I went out to tuck the girls in for the night it wasn't cold. Well it wasn't heatwave temperatures but I didn't get frosted fingers and run back in the house, just a leisurely stroll.

We had a good day here sun out and next to no wind/breeze and compared to the last fortnight quite warm. down side is the fog's coming down

as said looks like this weather till Sunday,with more or less the same temp day and night then warmish days and cold nights in other words a stagnant weather pattern for a week or so. just hope it stays dry