Christian

The Weather Thread #9

I think autumn started in July! The robin was doing it's pipping tweet - which I used to associate with my school holidays almost at an end. Very contrary. I feel really sorry for the youngsters as the rubbish weather timed it perfectly for the start of the school holidays. Although most would be having lay-ins, but for the young ones boooorrrringgg!

Sun is out today but very hazy clouds. Better than dark grey though. :D

been hot and sunny here not quite so humid through

I reckon this years running about 3 weeks early here at least

blackberries are more or less finished I was picking some in late July at one of my customers nice big wild ones to boot

Lovely day today. I was doing a bit of gardening but had to stop because I could feel my arms taking on too much sun! Then OH came out to read in the sun while I sat in the shade - and the sun went behind a huge cloud. So as soon as I decided to stand out and do more gardening, out it came again! :roll: There is an awful lot of dew on the grass in the mornings - almost enough for a paddling pool! :lol:

been 2 really hot days here too certainly not typical August bank holiday today's been more pleasant and bearably than yesterday though

managed to make an in road into the pile of logs sitting on the front drive for the last 3 weeks can't believe how much moisture some of it has lost in that time.

:lol: we already have that heavy rain!

Please send it on down....the water but is totally empty! I have just checked our very local forecast and the deluge that has been promised for all afternoon and evening has now been downgraded to light rain at 1.00pm - just peeked out at 1.05pm and there's no sign of it :wall: