Christian

The Weather Thread #9

Started off lovely day here like yesterday but only got to 17 degrees and then went dark - we had thunder and lightening not too bad but the rain was like monsoon and the water butt was full and over flowing and it had the tap open on a hose to fill the pond at the same time - none of the down pipes took the water which poured over it - I had just planted my lavender plants and watered them so now they wont need watered all week!

Well today was nasty, pure and simple. Windy, wet and not warm at all - currently sitting here with a big old woolly jumper on! For midsummer it's not nice. But I'm glad it's a case of oak before ash - in for a splash this year - dread to think how much we'd be swimming now if it was the other way round!!!

Floods everywhere - which is fine now I have my Geronimo (L200 Warrior) - at least I can relax when I drive in this now!

Sorry luvachicken - it's here! Not been below 17 degrees in middle of the day for over a week now. Less sunny today but still definitely summer despite the north wind.

Yes, I had seen it was better in the West Country on the weather mullethunter :D

Glad someone has some nice weather ............. and beaches :mrgreen: and crab :mrgreen::mrgreen:

No doubt next week when I have to go back to work at school it will be really hot.

dull and windy here first thing sun came out about 11ish wind eased off over the course of the afternoon when it got hot and it clouded over about tea time but it high up cloud so I doubt it's got our name on it (i.e west mids )just got a slight brease now

It says a lot when hubby comes home and turns the heating on! But today I've been in the garden all day - it's just about the right temperature for me now - not cold but not baking either, - able to work in it and not swelter. Today has been better than the rest of the week anyway. Hubby and I have been comparing how cold our noses are!!!

I was thinking earlier today that apparently when there was a Civil War siege just along the road it snowed - in June! So with that in mind I should be grateful that we don't have that!!!

Well a bit of thunder yesterday evening. A LOT of thunder and lightning in the night. Well I wasn't sure of the time but I had been asleep and it woke me so alarmingly that I immediately dived under the pillows like I did when I was a child! Then got up to watch. Saw nada apart from blinding white light - any forks must have been on the front side of the house. Much too close for comfort! Went back to bed and then all the house alarms went off. Looked at the clock and saw - dark! Power out! Luckily it must have only been for a couple of minutes or so because the clock radio came back on and I saw 11.29.

All misty this morning and comfortable warmth.

The weather in the south east looked terrible yesterday :shock: . We were promised the rain and storms but didn't get them just overcast and sticky, such a contrast to a week ago when we were shivering. We had some heavy rain around 11pm under 2mm but better than nothing for the allotment. Showers promised for the next week or so but hopefully with some sunshine in between, good growing weather by the sounds of it. Roll on the new potatoes. :)

We had a fair size cloud burst here about 4 ish this afternoon last about 45-60 mins heavy rain through out road turned in to a river which we've had before but this was the first time that the footpath on both sides had running water over them even the steps down from the school had a mini waterfall coming off them.part of the back garden turned into a pond for a while it held water over winter but not like today. suns out now but it's a bit misty and the temps pick up again

Hotter than ever today and wall to wall sunshine. Two and a half out of four water butts empty now. The weather's set to break on Friday and revert to the Cornish norm of south westerlies and showers. Good for the garden but I love the hot sunshine. Hope that's not it for the summer.

No more storms but this afternoon has had a big cloud looming all around but not doing anything. Thank goodness. Very murky this morning and misty. Went to visit daughter and got caught in a cloudburst on the M4 but no storm. When I got to her place it was bone dry - as was home! Very humid again. Husband drove home through torrential rain and floods in London today.