Daphne

Favourite flavour crisps?

Gavclojak you can't have Twiglets. It's not a love them or hate them thing, I just don't think they qualify as crisps I'm afraid :wink:

Let the arguments begin... :)

Fair point, it's not made from potatoe, it's wheat based so I stand corrected, but I will be watching out for anyone adding nik naks or the like....:)

I hope that Daphne, who started this thread is having a better day today.

I recently found a new favourite which is Red Sky, flavoured with Anglesey sea salt. Then I read the small print and discovered they were made by Walkers, which stands to reason, Walkers being hard to beat.

As regards Corkers, I think I have seen them in our local co-op in Swaffham. Does that mean that the potatoes were grown in Norfolk?

Hello everybody - yes much better today thank you 8)

Its great to see we all seem to share a weakness for the crunchy stuff - I was interested to see that several of you cheese and onion fans don't like salt & vinegar; its something I've noticed with my friends, its as though we are all programmed to like one thing or another.

What on earth do they put in Pringles :shock: They are completely addictive, I never never never buy them, because like WitchHazel said, I even eat the ones I don't like (like sour cream and chive, because its so nearly cheese and onion).

However, I have a new discovery - Tesco Salt and Vinegar rice cakes (I know they aren't made of potato, but a thread entitled 'Favourite flavour ricecakes' is too sad for words :lol: . They are so vinegary, and only half the calories - or something like that, don't anybody dare disillusion me :lol: )

Years ago I met somebody who worked for Walkers, he said they were on the verge of signing somebody up to promote the crisps, a very famous footballer. 'Like David Beckham?' I said. There was no reply, which I thought meant I'd made the right guess. 'So, what are you going to call them, Beefy Beckham?' There was still no reply, but he did look at me a bit strangely, to this day I don't know if I was along the right lines or miles off.

I think my real fantasy flavour might be 'pickled anchovy' :D:D:D:D:D

Now I am safely ensconced behind the sofa as you all read this, probably gagging, what would you choose?

As regards Corkers, I think I have seen them in our local co-op in Swaffham. Does that mean that the potatoes were grown in Norfolk?

Cambridgeshire. They are just across the field to me....I guess they may grow, or source potatoes from other places too. They are lovely crisps.