Daphne

Favourite flavour crisps?

Because I've not had a good day so far and need cheering up, my thoughts have turned to my favourite nibble, which I have to ration or I'd be the size of a house (so does a friend of mine 'I only eat them when I have a drink' :lol: ). I still remember buying a packet of crisps most days, back in the day when they cost a sixpence.

My all time favourite flavour was pickled onion (from M&S) but they don't do them anymore. I am a big fan of anything vinegary (except pickled eggs) so my next favourite is salt and vinegar. I don't like cheese and onion (not a massive fan of onion, that's probably why), and although I can understand why some people (like OH :roll: ) choose plain when faced with all sorts of weird flavours, personally I get quite excited when faced with 'mustard' (popular in Belgium) or 'haggis' (its in our larder, waiting to be opened) :lol:

I love crisps - I am a real savoury person

Marmite or Worcester Sauce.

I used to LOVE the Sausage & Tomato ones too, but they fiddled with the formula & changed it, much for the worse :(

Herrs do some amazing Buffalo wing & Blue Cheese sauce puffs, which I buy from Amazon sometimes too. They are the best!

Ooh, crisps... I love them. I could easily scoff a giant bag in one go :oops:

I love ready salted, salt and vinegar, ready salted & rosemary & sometimes chilli & paprika.

Favourite brands are Tyrrell's & Burt's.

Naughty Daphne... I'm longing for a crisp now and there are none to be found in the house :shameonu:

Hope your day has improved.

Strangely enough, I have been craving some crisps for most of the day, but there are none in the house. My favourite is ready salted, but I also like chicken or steak (not sure of its exact name) and prefer Walkers, if we haven't got anything like kettle chips. Crinkle cut ones are good, as part of the attraction is the crunch, and I'm partial to crisps in a sandwich. Not keen on crisps (like prawn cocktail) that have a sweetish flavour, and chocolate covered crisps are a real no no.

Having had a good think since my post earlier, I will admit to not meeting many crisps I haven't liked, with the exception of Prawn Cocktail flavour, which are the work of the Devil.

But everything else I love - Walkers, Frazzles, Scampi fries, Cheesy Wotsits, salt & vinegar chipsticks.....I love them all!

A few years ago Pringles did a limited edition Wasabi flavour - they were amazing 8)

Tyrrell's sea salt and cider vinegar.

Pringles of almost any flavour; once I pop I really cannot stop, even when it's a flavour I don't like.

There are certain TV programmes that we refer to as 'Pringles programmes'. Definition is something that is really strangely addictive....once you start you just can't stop!!!

I always wonder about how they are made....they look nothing like potato! At least with crisps you can tell they were once actually spuds!!!!

Unfortunately all of them and I have a new favourite each time I think of something Ive not had in a while :lol:

If someone eats wotsits or quavers near me I will have to follow suit within a short time frame. The smells..... yum yum yum.

Ones I always go back to are ready salted, kettle chips (most flavours) and the salt and shake. I am currently loving the mixems (is that what they are called - different shape crisps in the same packet).

I really like corkers, don't know if everyone will know them but they are grown in the fields around me, the potatoes that is not the crisps! (good job I can't go and pick my own crisps). I am not a fan of the sensational ones mentioned above, I don't like the texture.

Current favourite is beef and horseradish.