soapdragon

Luggage under the Eye...Product Recomendations?

My eye bags have reached silly proportions...I am fed up with people telling me that I look tired when I am actually wide awake and bouncy! I am not a big one for 'products' but have decided that SOMETHING MUST BE DONE!

Any good recomendations...I have heard about L'Oreal Revitalift roll on; has anyone used this?

It's all so expensive hat I thought it a good idea to take advice before making costly mistakes :roll:

Make your own:

De-seed a 2 inch length of cucumber and blend it up with a tablespoon of almond oil and a teaspoon of honey which will act as a natural astringent.

Or follow the same recipe but substitute the honey for a tablespoon of pile cream like everyone else says. But you'd need to check the ingredients of the cream because a lot of the brands these days no longer contain skin tightening ingredients! :D

Have just asked a friend about this rather innovative use of pile cream but she says not to because its very common to get a reaction to the strong ingredients as the skin under the eyes is thin. Also, in her own experience, made her eyes water for ages after application....... :think: Am in two minds :roll:

Apparently products containing caffeine are supposed to be good?

You could give it a go :lol:

On a healthier side, does cucumber work I wonder ?

Or massage maybe on your face ?

I know some of the face creams make you feel nice but not sure if any of them work how you want them to :?

Oh no, I don't think they'd make me look 30 years younger :wink: Seriously, I can live with the laughter lines.......just the bags under the eye that make me look haggy. YS was in special care for 8.5 weeks and I survived the whole time on about 3 hours sleep per 24 - still had ES at home age 3 and was expressing every four hours too. Been looking baggy eyed ever since! Stupidly, I thought they would go once I slept better!

Well, I tried the L'Oreal Revitalift and clearly I am NOT worth it! Hasn't made one iota of difference :wall: It was the only thing in Boot's that said it targeted bags/puffiness but obviously doesn't!

I am on a rare expedition to the centre of Oxford (taking knapsack, Kendal Mint cake - debating on merits of energy bars and/or primus :lol: ) on Friday as am going to a lecture on the wonderful Mick Aston and his Shapwick excavations. It starts at 5.30pm so plan to take P&R early so as to have some time to scurry round some of the beauty counters at Boots, Debenhams, L'Occitane etc. Anyone got any recommendations for stuff I might try....I have heard that Origins is good?

I've given up... well, I've given up buying specific products. They've never worked. I am having a degree of success by changing my lifestyle and my skincare routine in the morning. I spend some time with oils and hot flannels and massage. I'm currently trying Indian tapping massage around and under my eyes. The puffiness is pretty much gone under one eye but quite persistent under the other. I wondered if that was anything to do with how I sleep because the puffiness is always worse first thing.

However, they look awful at the moment because I'm just getting out of a really horrible cold.

Hmmmm, the tapping sounds very interesting. Is the idea to disperse the fluid? Can see that working but maybe a bit time consuming :think:

I have just bought some L'Occitane eye stuff on E Bay for a fraction of its RRP and am hoping that my do what the L'Oreal failed to do. I guess nothing is going to eliminate puffiness completely but reducing considerably would be good :P