Luvachicken

Travel pillow recommendations

I'm in love with my Tempur pillow and mattress that we got just before Christmas.

It has certainly helped with my 'mended' shoulder and sore neck.

I'm lucky to be going to Australia for a holiday soon to see DS and was hoping to get a travel pillow of some kind just like my Tempur mattress.

We used to have one of those travel pillows filled with beads but they were useless.

Any ideas which are the best to go for ?

Thanks 😊 

Sorry if I'm being presumptious  I don't know your personal flight history but you might like to know this. Some things I've been really glad of on long haul flights are face moisturiser, lip salve, a travel toothpaste and deodorant in your carry on liquids bag. They just help you feel a bit nicer at the other end of your journey. Our flying time to our destination was 17 hours and very recent so if there's anything else you want to know.... 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 6:26 PM, Luvachicken said:

I'm lucky to be going to Australia

If you are going on a long flight, drink plenty of water! I ended up in hospital after my last flight to Australia because I was so dehydrated. 

Interesting re the Tempur mattress and pillow.  DD has a pillow and swears it's the best ever - I sleep on my front so may not be so good for me!  But both OH and I are having shoulder problems and I wondered about the mattress.  My Canadian cousin loved her bead pillow and bought one for me.  I think I used it for my knees but lying on it drove me crazy listening to those little scrunching balls.  

Anyhow glad you have found something to take with you.  Not sure if you use them but perhaps ear plugs (I can't use anything in my ears - they all make them ache) because that'll help to shut out people noises while you try to sleep.

We use noise cancelling headphones when we fly long haul.  Makes such a difference.  Also, as Geoid said, drink plenty of water, but remember to top up AFTER security when you change planes.  So many people had to bin their bottles of water for the second leg of their flight!   Where are you changing?  I love Singapore airport, not so much Dubai. 

On 4/1/2019 at 6:52 PM, patsylabrador said:

Sorry if I'm being presumptious  I don't know your personal flight history but you might like to know this. Some things I've been really glad of on long haul flights are face moisturiser, lip salve, a travel toothpaste and deodorant in your carry on liquids bag. They just help you feel a bit nicer at the other end of your journey. Our flying time to our destination was 17 hours and very recent so if there's anything else you want to know.... 

Not presumptious at all. I have similar things - except I have chewing gum instead of toothpaste - I don't like to chew it as it makes your tummy sore but I do love the freshness of the mint Might nip out and get a mini deodorant though.

On 4/1/2019 at 10:25 PM, Geoid said:

If you are going on a long flight, drink plenty of water! I ended up in hospital after my last flight to Australia because I was so dehydrated. 

A very good point, I have a new water bottle so will take that empty.

On 4/1/2019 at 11:18 PM, Valkyrie said:

Interesting re the Tempur mattress and pillow.  DD has a pillow and swears it's the best ever - I sleep on my front so may not be so good for me!  But both OH and I are having shoulder problems and I wondered about the mattress.  My Canadian cousin loved her bead pillow and bought one for me.  I think I used it for my knees but lying on it drove me crazy listening to those little scrunching balls.  

Anyhow glad you have found something to take with you.  Not sure if you use them but perhaps ear plugs (I can't use anything in my ears - they all make them ache) because that'll help to shut out people noises while you try to sleep.

Definitely worth the money for the Tempur mattress and pillow. After trying the mattress in the shop I could straight away feel a tiny bit less pain in my neck. It was also the only mattress we tried that didn't hurt my shoulder when I laid on it. The guy in the shop said that so many people have sore necks/backs because of their pillow. I always slept on my front before because I could never get comfy in my old bed. I haven't slept on my tummy since.

On 4/2/2019 at 7:15 AM, Patricia W said:

We use noise cancelling headphones when we fly long haul.  Makes such a difference.  Also, as Geoid said, drink plenty of water, but remember to top up AFTER security when you change planes.  So many people had to bin their bottles of water for the second leg of their flight!   Where are you changing?  I love Singapore airport, not so much Dubai. 

My brain struggles as I doze off - it tells me the plane has stopped because I can't hear the engines, so then I wake up and of course, the engines are still going. This usually goes on for a while until sleep finally takes over.

I can't remember where we are stopping off but it's not for long - a couple of hours I think.

10 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Cheers Luvvie.  I actually think it is time to change the mattress - working out when we had our bed from new was quite a few years ago!

You won't regret it.

There are actually quite a few to choose from, although only 2 pillows, hard or soft. We went for one with a cooling layer on top which apparently they only sell in Dreams.

Make sure you give them a good lie on, at least 5-10 mins on each one. Happy shopping 😊

• Thanks 1