I am now the owner of two Cubes:

two_cubes_small.jpg

Omlet came at 8am this morning (probably because I had asked for a late delivery so I could take the Eglu extensions off and prepare the ground).

I started work at 7am and managed to continue while the Cube was being assembled.

I quite like the mirror effect of two Cubes. I haven't finished planting around the new Cube, which is the one in the distance. (I arrange the netting in a cunning way so the hens can't get to the side of either Cube, in case you were wondering.)

I will be putting my Eglu convertor and extension on eBay shortly, but my Cube looks so cute now that it is back to its original size I am not sure if I can sell it. It just needs two little hens....

Chelsea: the grasses right next to the Cube are Imperata cylindrica "Red Baron". They are only just starting to come up: they end up as high as the Cube and go red.

Then I have a little brick path, and the bigger grasses are just common old canary grass (Phalaris arundinacea picta). This one is best avoided if you don't like lifting and dividing, as it grows very fast and you end up with an awful lot of inferior-looking grass if you don't keep working at it.

I bought the first as a tiny little plant with no leaves from the Sunday Times, and the latter at a fete. Grasses are wonderful at multiplying themselves.

I feel like two-Jags Prescott with my two Cubes. A month ago I was worried I had made the wrong decision as well as bankrupting myself; now I am only worried about the bankruptcy.