Did you build the arbour from scratch or was it a kit?

I like trying to build things but I have no inspiration.

I built 2 guniea pig runs after having a look at some in focus diy but they were pretty straight forward, and some hutches for the piggies but they were just great big boxes!

Reg

We bought it about 8 months ago from The garden factory, the instructions were as good as useless. The seat part took a bit of working out, as we had been sent 4 supports for right hand side instead of 2 left 2 right (if you know what I mean) The garden factory/cannock gates are now in administration so their website no longer works to look at pic.

I love building things :D:D

I'm really impressed with the runs you have all made. As a new chicken keeper to be I can see my Eglu and Run are just not going to be sufficient are they?

I'm going to have to sweet talk hubby me thinks into a little DIY. I like the idea of the Eglu being up higher to give more space....just need to go into garden now to decide where I can get him to build a run.

All these chicken homes look amazing. I'm feeling a little bit daunted now. We haven't got our chickens yet - my plan is to get the Eglu and the run that comes with it. I don't really have the space to build them a palace - after seeing these impressive homes I'm worried that they are going to be a bit deprived with just a standard eglu and run. They would be able to free range in the garden when we are home. (I couldn't let them free range when we aren't home as there are some pretty big cats in the neighbourhood and I'd worry about them.

Will they be okay in just a little eglu home?

Will they be okay in just a little eglu home?

Of course they will :lol: that's what it was designed for and there are many happy chickens living in the eglu and run. I got my two girls last September and they spent a very happy six months in the eglu run before I nagged CTB enough to make a walk in run (and that was more for my benefit than the chickens - no more bending down) !!

In winter they were only coming out for a run round the garden for about an hour each day and they didnt mind a bit - some corn when they go back to the run and they are totally contented :lol:

Dont worry :lol:

Okay here is Hencatraz..... sorry but it does look like an allotment!!!!

Right side of Hencatraz' target='_blank' rel='noopener'> Right side of Hencatraz

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10674636@N04/1264585697/

My OH decided that there wasn't enough room for 4 hens in the omlet cube run plus the extension.....

The green cage is our maternity wing!

Helen in Hume

I've just edited your link Phil so that it shows my BRAND NEW run which the girls are now living in very happily!!

This is what it looks like!

and it's got a door that leads into the garden plus one on the side which you can see open which takes the hens out into a little fenced off area which they can dustbathe and scratch about in. The roof is corrugated plastic and the Eglu is now on a raised platform which doesn't half make cleaning out easier for me!

Kate I love your run! I want one in my garden, i love the colour and the weathervane on top 8) I want to convince my dad to make one a bit like it, and everyone elses.. is everyone a good builder on the forum :lol:

Here is our run, it's the greenhouse meshed on two sides one side left open for the run we have built onto it.

Chickenpics005.jpg

Chickenpics004.jpg

When we first got the cube the idea was to have it in the run but it just took up too much space and you couldn't slide the poo trays out easily..

ChooksAugust2007018.jpg

So here it is now on the outside - only difference is there is now a roof on the wooden run so they have shelter throughout.

TheChooks001.jpg

Helen :D

My new run-although I can't take any credit for it. I cheated and had it designed, built and erected so all I had to do was pay for it!! :oops::D

PICT00035.jpg

PICT00045.jpg

PICT00014.jpg

PICT00025.jpg

Sooo pleased I have the new run as the girls have tons more room and I will be able to put some different levels in and things to make it more interesting for them :D

The man was so nice and the materials used are an excellent quality. He can make any size or shape you desire.

If you would like a quote e-mail him at Aviaries4u@aol.com His name is Tony :wink: