The Dogmother

Poorly cat

We are all really sorry about Millie,

It was best not to let her suffer if she was so poorly :cry:

All our best wishes to you, Rosie and Phil

Dan, Debs, Harry and JulesXXXXX

So sorry to hear that, Clare - I'm getting all teary-eyed just writing this, as I lost a cat myself at Christmas :oops:

Glad you were with her at the end - animals lack the self-awareness to worry like we do, but they cannot rationalise things away either, so alleviating their immediate distress is by far the kindest thing to do.

Best wishes

Anne

:cry: Thanks Guys.

Tears from Rosie too, but not as many as I'd expected. I think she's angling for a kitten :roll: She usually lets things sink in a bit before we get much of a reaction.

I went for a run to get it out of my system and feel better now that I've had a shower. I think I'll go to bed early and be fresh for work in the morning.

so sorry about Millie Clare

When I was at home with my mum we lost both our dogs (brothers) within 4 weeks of each other i was very close to them and was affected for weeks had to even take some time off work as i was so upset.

I get too attached i think!

As for Rosie.....my friend has some gorgeous little ginger kittens that will need a home soon.........

As long as you don't get manic ones like our Burmese - they race around the house and make the grumpy old cat even grumpier :(

A lone moggy kitten might be OK, though, especially if you chose one whose mother is placid. Tortoiseshells and tabbies tend to be fairly quiet cats, in my (admittedly limited) experience.

Georgie is only two and a half, I think that she was mis-treated before being dumped. She's a very loving cat, but on her own terms and avoids you if you approach her.

I think that she needs a couple of weeks or so on her own to adjust and see how she goes before I think about getting any more cats.

Still.... ginger kittens..... 8)

I had the same problem when Cifa was put down. My remaining cat Frankenstein is a rescue cat and was always the timid one. Although her and Cifa never really got on well together, they tolerated each other. However, I was quite surprised at how much Frankie moped about the place once Cifa had gone, she just wasn't herself.

I brought home my cat from my office where I work to see if they would "gel" but the works cat was obviously used to being by herself and after only two weeks had relegated Frankie to the back garden daring her to come in!!

Fortunately for me it was easy just to take works cat (Spit) back to work!

I do think a kitten would be fine in this situation, older cats tend to mother them rather than thinking of them as a threat.