chelsea

Brrrrrrrr....its lovely today!

...and walks in the park on cold crisp blustery days, what better excuse for ploughing through fallen leaves than 'I was just playing with the children...'?

...and the smell of pine in the air when the Christmas tree comes in...

... and lighting the fire for the first time after summer and forgetting that we should have got the sweep in first... :? (maybe not that one)

..and not having to mow the lawn again for AGES...

Brilliant!!

Walking the dogs at dawn and really smelling autumn - bonfires / woodburners

Taking twice as long to walk the dogs because one of them (mentioning no names Charlie :wink: ) insists on browsing on the blackberries - and eating some yourself (only above doggy height to avoid the pee!)

Not worrying aobut the housework - hey its dark in the evenings all you hav to do is draw the curtains, put on a few side lamps and candles and no one will notice the dust :wink:

Huge baggy jumpers that hide the eglu bum and tum :oops:

Bad things

Its dark when I leave for and get home from work - so dont see the girls. :evil:

the football season :evil::evil:

I love Hallowe'en and am trying to grow a pumpkin or 2. It will probably be a very small lantern this year! :oops::wink:

I love the crisp leaves and the smell of the ground in autumn, conkers too!

BBx

our pumpkins are huge (cinderella's carriage proportions)

cant wait to carve them and decorate the house - we put up all cobwebby stuff and spiders all over the porch last year so the kids had to get through the web to collect their sweets which I put in a big couldron!

hubby did an amazing job on the pumpkin carving - someone decided to pinch them off our driveway :evil:

Dark nights, hardly ever seeing the chickens as they roost so early, needing several layers of clothes before you go out anywhere, grey skies, rain, rain, more rain, frost and ice :evil: . S"Ooops, word censored!"ing the car before you can go to work, children risking their lives walking home from school on the dark evenings on not very well lit roads which are overpopulated by careless drivers :twisted::twisted:

Shops playing tinny Christmas tunes from October whilst trying to force us to part company with our hard-earned cash on a lot of must have tat.

Sorry, I'm obviously one on my own here, but I can tolerate Autumn..... just, would hibernate throughout the winter months if I possibly could, start to come alive and be happy again in the Spring....... and I love Summer 8)

I love the run up to Christmas, having usually bought everything I need by December 1st anyway! I love all the cheap tat decorations in the shops and feast my eyes as I know I won't be buying any of it, but it's free to look :D. I have a VERY strict budget and only allow myself one extra decoration per year, and it has to be a pound or less :oops:

If anyone has any decorations they no longer use maybe you could find out if your local school would like them? This is what I do with my unwanted bits and pieces. The more sparkle they can get on their trees the better, and they usually have HUGE trees to decorate :shock:

I like nothing better than putting on my xmas song cd and putting the decs on my tree...all frosty outside...all toasty and warm inside...

my favourite song is the "chestnuts roasting on an open fire, jack frost nipping on your nose"...."merry christmas to you!"....

I love Hallowe'en and am trying to grow a pumpkin or 2. It will probably be a very small lantern this year! :oops::wink:

I love the crisp leaves and the smell of the ground in autumn, conkers too!

BBx

I like your avatar on the US forum! 8)

Thanks Martin, quite a different image eh! :wink:

BBx

I like nothing better than putting on my xmas song cd and putting the decs on my tree...all frosty outside...all toasty and warm inside...

my favourite song is the "chestnuts roasting on an open fire, jack frost nipping on your nose"...."merry christmas to you!"....

We do all the house up with cobwebs and I get my broomstick out of the loft :shock::D We have no children though :oops::oops:8)

We also do the tree to nat king cole or something similar with wine and nibbles :D:D:D

BBx