maggiesfarm

Pleasent Surprise (NOT)

Had a bit of a shock when I got home from work today and opened the kitchen door. Andy, my husband, had gone to work and locked our BlacK Rock in the house :shock:

Fortunately shed had stayed in the kitchen where we have a stone floor but she had been up on the worktops to get fruit and look at her sisters out in the snow. You can imagine what the floor was like .......

Anybody else done something like this ?

PS There had better be a bottle of wine on it's way home with hubby :lol:

Oh my goodness! I would love to have seen the look on her face. And I can imagine the 'conversation' through the window between the inside girl and the outside girls. "How did you get in there?" "How can I get out there?" etc etc :lol:

I wouldn't have liked to clear up that mess. Definitely deserves at least a bottle of wine.

She was probably there from about 9.30 til 4.30. I have to say she looked very happy and not at all distressed. She had managed to get at the blueberries and strawberries in the fruit bowl and pecked a couple of apples just for good measure. She had also completely cleaned the cat food bowls out.

The cats seemed ok too, they were all asleep in the living room in front of the log burner, not at all disturbed by having a hen in the kitchen

Needless to say, the others made a mad rush to get in while I was surveying the damage, hope this hasn't started something, I can just imagine them .....

(theme tune to The Great Escape)

"Go on, you go"

"No, you go"

"But I went yesterday"

Mags

The ladies are all locked up in their hut against the snow, very snoodly.

Only took about an hour to clean up, had to throw the door mat away tho, there was no way that was going to come clean. And God knows what she has been doing with the rubber gloves but they've gone the same way as the carpet .....

And then, one of the *!!$% cats threw up on the clean floor!

I'm now having my well deserved wine, :clap:

Mags

something similiar happened to me - didn't notice kids had opened patio door, and we went out for the day. Came home to find chooks in the living room, having a tea party - you have to laugh. Could have been worse was all I could say to the much put upon husband. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh that is fabulous.... :lol::lol:

Our girls each paid a visit to the kitchen on saturday for wing clipping and bumper bits, I'm not sure they are that keen on our kitchen anymore!! :oops:

something tells me the kids may think otherwise at some point as they loved cuddling them ... maybe it wasnt the best idea having seen this! :doh:

She was probably there from about 9.30 til 4.30. I have to say she looked very happy and not at all distressed. She had managed to get at the blueberries and strawberries in the fruit bowl and pecked a couple of apples just for good measure. She had also completely cleaned the cat food bowls out.

The cats seemed ok too, they were all asleep in the living room in front of the log burner, not at all disturbed by having a hen in the kitchen

Needless to say, the others made a mad rush to get in while I was surveying the damage, hope this hasn't started something, I can just imagine them .....

(theme tune to The Great Escape)

"Go on, you go"

"No, you go"

"But I went yesterday"

Mags

thanks for the laugh, but come on you lot!!!!!!

whats a bit of pooh between friends?

:lol: