Cinnamon

What have you picked today?

New potatoes which were huge, and broadbeans, which we had for tea and loads more strawberries and raspberries. We are having breakfast smoothies (I also had strawbs and raspberries on my museli) and strawberries and cream for pudding in the evening :lol: We will all be red and green soon. I think some will have to go in the freezer today.

strawbs, wild strawbs, raspberries, redcurrants and rhubarb

leeks, carrots, beetroots and a lettuce

having roast chicken later with bought potatoes (ours aren't quite ready yet) will roast the beets in honey/balsamic vinegar to have with the rest of the veg.

wanted to do a summer pud with the fruit but not sure I have a suitable shape/size bowl :think:

We had our first 4 globe artichokes today - I only like eating them on a hot day so this year is great.......we usually end up eating them on a grey wet day! :roll:

Also dug up more new potatoes, picked broad beans, peas, carrots, lettuce, a few tomatoes, strawbs and currants.

They sound lovely,I adore sweet peas,but rarely pick them as I have them growing up the side of the hen pen & they look really pretty there 8)

I am off to harvest my first peas of the season now :P

That sounds nice, but if you keep picking them they will flower for longer. The past couple of years we still had sweet peas way up until the end of September.

We spent yesterday evening grazing on our allotment, we ate strawberries, raspberries, tayberries, peas, radishes, and carrots, then harvested 3 different potato varieties for a taste test. Maris Bard, Bonnie, and Aran Pilot. The Maris Bard won :drool:

WE just had new potatoes and chargrilled courgettes for tea, followed by more fruit :D