Cinnamon

What have you picked today?

We only have 4 courgette plants and they are hopefully a little staggered, well I can dream :lol:

We have our first tomatoes, Tumbler in the hanging baskets, they have made huge plants this year and we have had a couple of ripe ones with more on the way :D

We should get our first cucumber this week too.

Congratulations Liz :clap::clap:

Picked the last of the peas yesterday. :(

More strawberries, a couple of courgettes for dinner. Autumn fruiting raspberries are flowering well. The plum tree is sagging under the weight of fruit. First year we have had any plums :D:D

2 Courgettes, 6 Carrots, 2 beautiful turnips & the last of the peas......all destined to be cooked up later with some onions,Rosemary & lamb mince for a batch of Shepherds Pie base.

Also 4 Raspberries from my new canes which are supposed to be Autumn fruiting :?

The last few Strawberries & a decent handful of Blackcurrants too :D

And a nice couple of small,young Globe Artichokes for lunch.

Not me, but Phil's folks - they have a glut of gooseberries and tipped up at my place on Saturday with an enormous Tupperware containing about 6lbs of them!

6a00ccff89858867310137a4cd4890860c-500pi

I have topped, tailed and quartered about half of them and frozen them, will do the rest tomorrow night. They'll be made into jam when I get a moment.

My first ever beetroot. I've been trying for years and never had any success getting beetroot beyond seedlings, so it feels like a real triumph. Not sure what I've done differently this year, but it's been growing really well. Had it shredded in salad-sooo sweet! :D

Not me, but Phil's folks - they have a glut of gooseberries and tipped up at my place on Saturday with an enormous Tupperware containing about 6lbs of them!

I have topped, tailed and quartered about half of them and frozen them, will do the rest tomorrow night. They'll be made into jam when I get a moment.

I filled a whole freezer shelf from one bush last summer - this summer we got 14lbs from it. I have to pick at a weekend, so we have a morning to pick and an afternoon to sit and top & tail.

Today we have picked redcurrants, blackcurrants, courgettes, lettuce & cauli. Shallots were strung yesterday and onions are dug and now drying.

Tracy

Only peas picked - but if you were asking 'what should I have picked today?' the answer would be French Beans, Courgettes, Blackcurrants, Goseberries, Raspberries, Cauliflowers - I can't process it all fast enough!

Tracy