Parsnip (failed to grow even 1!)

Today I have picked:

Climbing beans

Bramley Apples

Tomatoes - lots and lots!

Cucumber

Chantennay carrots

1 very weird looking green pepper!

This week I finally gathered in the pumpkins. There are 7, 2 quite large, the other 5 are smallish. They're now sitting in the sun lounge to harden their skins up until next week when I'll put them in the shed. I also picked a lot of tomatoes and they've mostly been eaten in the form of a Jamie Oliver tomato and sausage dish. Yummy!

I also picked a lot of tomatoes and they've mostly been eaten in the form of a Jamie Oliver tomato and sausage dish. Yummy!

Ummm tomatoes. I am very jealous as I have just lost ALL my tomatoes to tomato blight. They were doing well until the torrential rain a few days ago. I just threw away a bin liner full and the plants were all dead by yesterday. :(

Our courgettes have had a second wind :shock: - we went to harvest the pumpkins and found loads of yellow courgettes (and some pale green 'marrows')

We're still picking pounds of tomatoes, a few cucumbers, chillies, a melon and some 'yard long' beans - they are only about two feet long as I was late sowing them.

The physalis has grown well but they're not ripe yet - I don't think they'll do much more.

Our butternuts went all mushy in the wet weather and never grew beyond the size of a fist. I'm going to try a different sort next year. I'm not giving up! :evil: The Jerusalem artichokes have only just started flowering - which is much later than last year. Everything seems to have gone on a go slow or no go at all in this garden. Even the runner beans still refused to run. My Lazy Housewife produced much better and we had enough to freeze, but no where near the quantities we have had in the past. The earliest leeks planted seem to be doing OK so it hasn't been all doom and gloom. But I'm hoping next year it will be much better. Although the bottom of the garden is covered with huge acorns, so at least the oak has had a bumper crop. I suppose we could grind them for a coffee alternative. :think: Second thoughts . . . :vom:

You can hear them dropping in the night on the cube (probably why the girls are too tired to come out in the morning) and the shed and fence - sounds like a Gatling gun sometimes!

Peppers! After a couple of years of unsuccessful attempts (first year, outside, they got swamped by their neighbours, second year in greenhouse they got swamped by tomatoes and the ones in pots only grew very tiny) so this year I put two huge pots in the greenhouse, away from the toms, and have just harvested my first peppers! Poseidon - I can't remember if they were supposed to be red or green, but I've picked them green. They are beautifully firm and shiny and squeak when rub against each other. Completely different from shop bought ones! Just waiting for some chillis to ripen as well 8)

It must be the year for peppers- I've grown them properly for the first time this year as well 8)

I've just picked my first - and only - two quinces :D I bought a few from the Farmers' Market last week so that I'd have enough to make jelly. I love the smell of quince.

Not here they didn't. Refused to grow and those that did stayed diddy. Got a bit cross with it all this year. I think I'm going to have to change the compost. I've been getting the organic one - but since it changed hands it's been rubbish with toadstools growing in it. Also the wood chippings haven't rotted down - they look fresh. So I might have to change to non-organic - much as that bugs me - next year, but I would like to grow some veg! :wall:

But well done for a good harvest. :D

We have Omlet netting to keep cats and dogs out but at the end of the season we take a few of the hens on a little holiday and pop one of the Eglus in the veg. plot.

Today I've picked a lovely sweet melon - and have two more to pick! Shame I didn't sow the seeds earlier so I could eat them in warmer weather :roll:

Yesterday we picked tomatoes, apples and pears......in the polytunnel I picked my first harvest of physallis :D and two small melons - we're having fruit with our porridge for breakfast!

Most of the potatoes are lifted now, just a few to lift today. Chillies and peppers are still OK in the polytunnel.