Cinnamon

What have you picked today?

Well someone has picked my asparagus and most of my blackcurrants grr not happy I hope they choke lol grr though

is that on the lottie stehaggan? that's outrageous!! I hope they choke too...

I have 4 or 5 raspberries ready to pick, which will be a nice little snack for me while I'm watering stuff. apart from that, the slugs have virtually destroyed one of my 3 courgette plants - sorry everyone, but have been out with the pellets to protect the remaining couple.

Yea on the lottie :-( I was actually really gutted I have 5 bushes and they had lots on so I went and bought fermentation buckets, Demi johns etc to make some wine and when I got there I was like errr :-(

I will have to see if I can pick my strawberrys before they go wandering off :-(

Yea on the lottie :-( I was actually really gutted I have 5 bushes and they had lots on so I went and bought fermentation buckets, Demi johns etc to make some wine and when I got there I was like errr :-(

I will have to see if I can pick my strawberrys before they go wandering off :-(

not surprised you are gutted - is it you who keeps their chooks on the lottie too? maybe you could set up some kind of ambush around vulnerable crops - a combination of chicken poo and electrification might do it?! :lol:

Haha yes thats me -I am one step ahead of you lol when I get my greenhouse up I'm going to try and get CCTV ad I have lots of mesh left over from the walk in run left so a nice electrified fence may be in order :-P

A magpie flew in my walk in run the other day whilst the girls were out and pecked an egg to bits :-( I need my army of bees that might keep them away! X

We ate our first courgette today, roasted with some onion and served in a sausage bap, it was small and fused with another tiny one, so it had curled over, but it was lovely. I am hoping that because we only have 2 plants this year I won't get as fed up with courgettes this year, although we do plan on getting another plant in a few weeks to extend the season, if we can :wink: