Cinnamon

What have you picked today?

:) Well not today but we have had salad leaves for weeks, lollo rosso is ready and more ready to go in, in fact the green leaves were so overgrown they had gone to seed so I had to pull them up to let light in for the smaller plants 2' tall they were !!! the strawberries are nearly finished the best they have tasted delicious this year best yet, had flat leaf parsley all winter all the herbs are overgrow, the beauty of a poly tunnel, new chooks so we hopes :)

Just under a kilo of strawberries.

I've managed to resist scoffing them all, and they are now in the dehydrator. Smell in the kitchen is fab.

the only problem with dhydrating these sort of things is that it really intensifies th flavour, and the dehydrated bits are really small.... it would be SO easy to munch the whole lot as soon as they're dried.

Must resist.

and another big bowl of raspberries today, gone into the freezer already.

flowers on the french beans, so a few weeks for them...

2 courgette plants massive and can see buds forming. slug-eaten one is making a comeback so going to nurture it for later crop.

several potato plants well into flower, but cant remember if that means they are harvest-able now, or do I just wait?

several potato plants well into flower, but cant remember if that means they are harvest-able now, or do I just wait?

it depends on weather they are first earlies 2nd earlies or main crop

first earlies I tend to start diging at about 10 weeks (started to lift some last Sunday) from planting for baby new potatoes alot of my first earlies haven't flowered this year and quite a lot of modern first don't flower

2nd earlies depending on the variety I start to dig them about 2 weeks after the tops have died off salad types I'll start once the first have finnished normally mid to late July

main crop again 2 weeks after the tops have dig off so that the skins have set

that said I also have to dig one root of every variety up by the middle of August so that I've got them washed and sorted for the Sandwell show display

thanks sjp. my prob is that my chitting spuds got knocked off the windowsill by visiting child, and all mixed up, so I have no idea what is what! so I will have to trawl back thru threads to find out when I planted them - but timing advice v. useful, I've not heard that before, so thank you!

Picked my first home grown produce of the year yesterday, a Cucumber which was very tasty.

Very jealous of everyone with Strawberries and Potatoes ready, my Potatoes are only just poking their leaves through the soil and the Strawberries have only just finished flowering.

My courgette flowers keep falling off :( I remember a squash I had growing in the garden last year did the same thing and only ever produced one fruit. Should I be pollinating them myself, or will they eventually start to fruit? I'm sure I have seen mini courgettes in the shops with their flowers attached :think: