Cinnamon

What have you picked today?

Yet more lunch box cucumbers today.

We grow the small ones which are just enough for me to have a sandwich - if they get that far. Usually I end up just eating them like other people eat fruit.

I love home grown cucumbers.

I've also been eating some strawberries from the greenhouse, which are really sweet and warm. Teh ones outside are ripeing now, but they just don't taste the same despite being the same varieties.

WitchHazel, what is the actual name of those Cucumbers, & where do you get the seeds?

My SIL grew some last year & they were amazing,but I couldn't find them anywhere,so have grown Telegraph again this year.

I would love to do them next year though!

Just picked 35 Strawberries,20 of which were slug-munched & given to the hens :roll::twisted:

WitchHazel, what is the actual name of those Cucumbers, & where do you get the seeds?

I've just dug out the packet. They are Marshalls seeds in their "for Kitchen hardens" range. We probaly bought them online. The variety is "Ilas 2513" . Here's a linkhttp://www.marshalls-seeds.co.uk/cucumber-ilas-seeds-pid2336.html

Hope that helps

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: dont want to know

I so agree; and you can go off people!! nothing of mine is anywhere near picking (altho raspberries are looking promising). I have noticed the buds forming on 2 courgettes, and some of the potatoes are showing flowers.

all you good gardeners put me to shame... :(:lol:

3kg of strawberries most of them were made into jam, and 2 varieties of new potato, Swift, they didn't flower and were sickly looking small plants, they must have been ready for ages because they were a good size but had gone floury in texture, I didn't really like the flavour. We have some Foremost for tomorrow.

Almost have 1 raspberry ready for picking (and gobbling up by me :D ) and one of the three courgette plants has 3 flowers so I hope it won't be too long before we get some fruits. I do plan to pick them then they are quite small, so I hope 3 plants isn't too mad :anxious:

My first lot of Pak Choi,for a stir fry tonight (it was just about to go to flower)

Lots of salad too, & more radishes :D

Oh,and a handful of lovely Peas,a good lot of Strawberries & for some strange reason some Raspberries from my Autumn fruiting bushes :lol:

My first lot of Pak Choi,for a stir fry tonight (it was just about to go to flower)

Lots of salad too, & more radishes :D

Oh,and a handful of lovely Peas,a good lot of Strawberries & for some strange reason some Raspberries from my Autumn fruiting bushes :lol:

if you leave last seasons cane on Autum Rasberries they will fruit again early summer/late spring. I only grow Autum rasberries and double crop them

:shameonu: Naughty Cocoa - depriving her mum of a raspberry. I am very protective of my home grown fruit and veg and when we each had a strawberry picked and put on top of pud yesterday ES had the check to :roll: when I said "strawberries one of mine" - yep a bit OCD or anal I'm afraid