Cinnamon

What have you picked today?

I think i may have grown a wee bit too much this year - strawberries, cherries, blueberrys, blackcurrants, raspberries, mangetout, garden peas, broadbeans, spring onion, lettuce, tomatoes, green courgette and yellow courgette!

I have actually had to order a new tall freezer and tall fridge - my justification for it is that if i can freeze my excesses I will save money later in the year lol x

Broccoli coming out of our ears at the moment! Chickens are enjoying the flowering pak chois. More beans - French and runners. Have dug up all the early onions and have put tomato side shoots in their place. Cor, first time successful crop rotation of sorts - well, fill a gap anyway.

My hens love them, particularly my Light Sussex, they make a terrible mess of her beak and her knickers if she eats too many :lol: We have a cultivated thornles one in out back garden, but we don't like the fruits they are very sour, so the hens get them all. My ols Pepperpot Eggy used to jump up and down to get them off the plant, she could jumppretty high and it was so funny to watch :lol:

second earlies and main crop spuds will store as long has they have set the skin

2nd earlies should keep til novemder or december depends on what variety they are

most main crop will keep til march with one or two exeptions

frozen mash is horrible even home made IMO