Cinnamon

What have you picked today?

charlotte will store till about christmas being a 2nd early

That is good to know. It is the first time we have grown enough Potatoes to put some in store. I dried them off overnight on the staging in the greenhouse. Today I carefully brushed off the dried earth and put them in jute sacks. They are in my little potting shed with the window blacked out. Have I prepared them correctly ?

Today I picked a few Runner Beans. They have sooo slow this year. At this rate the first frosts will arrive before the beans are ready to pick.

yes execpt 3 ply paper sacks are better for storing spuds in as they keep the light out better

I know what you mean about runner beans 2 weeks ago I had got a bean worth bothering about didn't get to the lottie last week this week loads of beans that are only fit for seed mind I have got a good lot of Churchfield Black this year that are the right colour so all's not lost as long as the weather holds long enough for them to ripen and dry

Bumper crop today:

Tomatoes - lots of, more to come

4 cucumbers :shock:

Beetroot - last of :( Have had quite a poor crop

Radish - last of :( Poor crop also, kept bolting earlier in the season

Lettuce

Spring onions

Green beans

Onions- lifted a couple of weeks ago, been drying in the sun

Marrow

Carrots - purple and charantay

Pak choi

Chooks have loved all the trimming and leaves!

Three big Tomatoes, 1 Cucumber, a handful of Strawberries (eaten before I got back indoors), 6 Pea Pods (Peas now finished) and 6 Runner Beans.

Worried about the Runner Beans if we get the gale force winds tomorrow, they haven't started to crop properly and the plants are now full of baby Runner Beans. I do hope the wigwams stand up to the wind.

hand full of runner beans a couple of tomatoes and 2 purple plums one of which weighted in at 115grams to say I'm well pleased is an understatement it's only the 2nd year the tree as flowered and the first time it's kept any fruit on all be there were only 6 to start with

1 large pumpkin about 2ft across just about got it in my wheelbarrow

1 turks turban, 3 Tromba D' Albenga Zucchettas, 3 summer crockneck Squashes and 3 good sized 'Clapton' cauliflowers best I've grown in about 6 years nearly missed them to I was only checking the red cabbage

The last tomatoes were picked today. Got a good picking of runner Beans at last with the promise of lots more to come as long as the frosts stay away. Gathered and ate :oops: several strawberries and again as long as the frosts stay away we should get lots more.

The Purple Sprouting Broccoli is ready to pick :shock: Planted out in the middle of July the plants are now over four foot tall with lots of purple shoots, one or two of the shoots have started to flower. I did not expect to start harvesting the PSB until next January or February.

A lot of things have been a bit odd this year. I have still got tomatoes in the greenhouse and some strawberries. The spring onions are still growing strong as are the sprouts but I will blanch them soon. I have a nice basil plant in the cold frame and was wondering how it would freeze if I put the leaves in ice cubes :? I am going to do that with the parsley I have.

Picked the last of the Runner Beans. Poor harvest this year even though I put in 40 plants. Yesterdays beans were very small and very tough, just not warm enough this year :(

Frosts forecast by the end of the week so the tiny beans still left on the plants won't have a chance.

Also picked 5 Strawberries :D The plants still have masses of Green Strawberries on but I suppose the frosts will get them as well.

I have been very disappointed with my veg growing this year :( The area is easily big enough for a couple of Pigs maybe I should get into Pork growing instead :think:

We picked another 8lbs of tomatoes from the polytunnel and from the garden today :shock: - and there are still a couple of pounds of Sungold toms to pick. The latest we've picked tomatoes.I picked aubergines on Sunday, not a prolific crop but they've done reasonably well.

We still have one tree with pears hanging on tenaciously and the medlars are still on the tree as well.