Cinnamon

What have you picked today?

So far we've only had successional salads (now need to re-sow a couple of rows of these), broad beans and courgettes. Elderflower is late this year, but hoping for some in the next week or two. We have six tomatoes coming in the greenhouse, so should have these ready soon. Also blueberries coming along nicely!

counted 10 different clematis in flower in my garden must take some pics. Every where I turn in the garden there is a hen behind me mithering for me to move a pot or dig somewhere so they can grab any beasties xxxx Even Fleur and Tufty the new ones are tame now. Sometimes a bit too tame lol xxx

Well i still have no eggs... i'm just too eager... but I have just taken Jasper for a walk to our local park and there is a fair few of what im sure elderflowers... they smell somewhat sweet so I'm going to pick some tomorrow.. does anyone have the best suggestion what to make with them - cordial, wine?? etc what is the best recipe.

This will be my first forage so want it to go well :-)

Hi Sue,

The eggs were gorgeous, we made a tuna nicoise salad (all the salad from the allotment) and your eggs nicely boiled with a runny yolk mmmmm.

We did the bone test as soon as we saw them after your hen party :-D they all seem to be wide enough. Also they have been leaving what looks like yolk on some of the hardwood chips so i'm keeping my fingers crossed :-) x

And i have just checked out the elderflower recipes so will have a go at making some today or tomorrow :-)

2 large ice cream tubs worth of strawberries, which we had with whipped cream and clotted cream after lunch, enough for very generous helpings for 7 people and enough for my breakfast this morning too. :D

We have some lovely globe radishes at the moment too and loads of lettuce. I also have a courgette ready to pick.

Over the weekend we picked cabbage, chard, spinach,leeks, peas, new pots, lettuce, rocket, rhubarb, strawberries and fresh garlic.

We have a couple of tomatoes almost ready - which surprised me because most of my seeds were sown late (again) this year!

All the herbs have gone mad - I'm freezing as much as I can in ice-cube trays with a drop of water.