ubereglu

What's everyone crafting today?

I have 2 s"Ooops, word censored!"books on the go that I've been working on this weekend, for the child I work with at school. She has Downs Syndrome and I've been with her for 7 years and in September she's off to a special needs school (she's 12).

One features things she's done this year and photos and messages from all her classmates and friends. The other is on our Year 6 production of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (on next week). She's going to play the Chocolate Fairy Princess in it (we've used a bit of artistic licence!) :D and my son is one of 2 Willy Wonka's!

I've almost completed my 3rd cheeky monkey, just using up the wool from the other 2.

Next I want to buy brown wool for the body and pink for the hands, feet, face and ears.

I must, must, must take my 2 cross stitch chicken project to the framers, but told myself that the next win I have on the Premium Bonds/lottery will be used to fund this as a treat (the last time I had a project framed it cost £50 !)

Christine

I'm making a bag. I made this one as a trial/practice but it's not really big enough. My mum likes it though and has put her claim on it, she plans to use it as a little poolside bag on her hols. :D

DSC04033.jpg

So I'm now making an Amy Butler design,

http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/products/patterns_display.php?id=37

I've not got very far as we've been out most of the weekend, but having a day off work tomorrow so hopefully will be able to crack on with it then.

:D

Hello craftyhunnypie

The Cheeky Monkey is very easy to make.

In the 'Who's a Cheeky Monkey' thread further down the page I have given a link to the web site where you can download the pattern :)

If you can increase and decrease stitches you'll have one made in no time :wink:

I've just used normal double knit, but look for something with a bit of body, the softer the wool the more floppy the monkey will be in the end.

The greens given in the pattern work OK, but I think that brown and pink will look better.

The only thing I will have to change is the ears. They will require a colour change half way through so that when the knitted piece is folded in half to be stitched to the head, I have pink facing the front and brown at the back of the head.

Good luck.....I think it will look 8) in a car.

Christine

I'm making a bag. I made this one as a trial/practice but it's not really big enough. My mum likes it though and has put her claim on it, she plans to use it as a little poolside bag on her hols. :D

DSC04033.jpg

I love this bag, it's beautiful! Where did you get the pattern from?

I'm doing cross stitch today - my sister-in-law to be gave me a little bookmark of a ginger cat when she came up to vist a while ago and I haven't had a chance to get it out before now.

:oops: Thanks guys for all the lovely comments. Its funny cos the fabric I made it in was just left overs and not my choice for a bag at all, but I just though it would do as a practice and I could always use it as a peg bag. But everyone that's seen it has loved it and wanted it. :lol:

The instructions came from this book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Quilting-No-Time-Step-step/dp/1906525293

:D

I'm in the middle of compiling a sketchbook of my favouritw things for an art course that I'm starting in September. (This is the holiday project). I've just finished two pages about the girls with a sketch and photos and have used egg shells as a decorative, mosaicy-type border.