ubereglu

What's everyone crafting today?

You have all been busy. I've not made anything for a bit. However, now have 3 pregnant in my team all due Jan, Feb so it's going to be blinking cot quilts again. :roll::lol: Right from now on no new staff unless they have had a hysterectomy. :? Aaaahhh little babies :D

You have all been busy. I've not made anything for a bit. However, now have 3 pregnant in my team all due Jan, Feb so it's going to be blinking cot quilts again. :roll::lol: Right from now on no new staff unless they have had a hysterectomy. :? Aaaahhh little babies :D

Oh heck! Have they all been sitting on a certain chair?!!! :shock::lol::lol::lol:

Oh heck! Have they all been sitting on a certain chair?!!! :shock::lol::lol::lol:

...and if so can I borrow it?!

Today while missing the craft weekend :( I am solitary crafting thus:

Tis a ripply blanket for my hope chest. (Pattern and tutorial courtesy of the wonderful Lucy at attic24.typepad.com.)

Also I forgot to post my crocheted bag when I finished it. I love it so and take it everywhere with my latest project(s) in it:

The lining is cotton from Pikea, I got a massive roll for under a fiver! My friend has requested the bag in pink, purple and blue for her xmas pressie :D

Edited by Guest

Oooo wow - how do you make your squares for your bag?

Emma.x

They're treble crochet, with [tr 2, ch3, tr2] at the corners and increasing a treble at each end of each side.... and the odd htr thrown in at the end of a round. There was a pattern in Simply Knitting a couple of months back. Let me know if you want it :)

That was more than a minute wasn't it! :lol::roll: I've successfully recycled my old joules catalogues onto my wall now though!

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q303/ubereglu/100_1007.jpg

Dress up and dress down with joules

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q303/ubereglu/100_1014.jpg

Fun in the sun, hide from the rain with joules

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q303/ubereglu/100_1118.jpg

Wet and dull? Brighten up the British summer in joules

The first two acted as colour therapy on a really wet day a few weeks ago!

Sally, it was excellent. I didn't have time to see everything!! So many quilts were out of this world. I took loads of pictures but because of copyright I don't think I can put them on the forum.

Purchases - Some lovely packs of Oakshott cottons and some hand dyed cottons -yum, childrens fabrics, pack of beautiful soft felt. I also bought a hank of cord to have a go at making textile coil pots as on this site http://www.crosswayspatch.co.uk/Pots-Gallery-1.htm. I didn't get the book so hope I can remember how to do it. :roll::D

Watch out for Circle and Dash stall, it's jewellery made from paper, beautiful 8)

So much to see, I went round with my mouth open going no no no no no no no

Have fun when you go and be ready for a fight. I can't believe how evil some women can turn when it comes to getting a seat for lunch. Bring sandwiches, it's all a bit pricey. :D

Today I popped to Quilting Haven (again) and bought some more fabric for the patchwork quilt cover I'm making for LMW (side one is almost finished :D - just needs the border which I shall do last of all)I also splashed out on a rotary cutter and a measuring straight edge thingy.

I also made a cover for my little sewing machine out of an old sheet from LMW first bed ( it was a half sized single bed and the sheets won't fit anything else).

Ooooo Plum I like the corded pots. I didn't realise they did craft things other than patchwork & quilting.

I like the sound of the hand dyed cottons too. :D Glad you had a good day.

I have a very long list of everything I want to get and another long list of wishful thinking things to look at. My Credit card is trembling with excitement at the thought of being used for the first time in months :lol:

I wasn't planning on stopping to eat - I don't think I will have time - I have only got 2 days to see everything :lol: I thought I'd have a big breakfast on the train coming up and then try to last out until dinner time. Chocolate bars will keep my energy levels up if I flag. :lol: Of course my friend who's coming with me may have other ideas if she does I'll let her fight the evil women :lol:

Edited to say - Sorry went overboard on the manic laughing smilie - I think I'm getting a tad excited. :lol: Oops and again!