ubereglu

What's everyone crafting today?

What did you reckon then Sally? :D

Today I made a fabric pot. I'll post a picture tomorrow.

Done it today

fabricpot002.jpg

fabricpot001.jpg

I just wrapped fabric round some cord and sewed it together, and put some beads on. It's a bit skewiff and I couldn't work out how to finish off but shall have some fun practicing. :D

Need some pictures of your squares Mrs WebMuppet :D

Wow Plum I love your corded pots - I never saw them at FoQ.

I had such a fabulous weekend. :D

The Quilts on display were so so beautiful - I was totally in awe of the talent. There are just so many different techniques and approaches. I have taken loads of photos of them but am not sure which is which now as I didn’t go round in order.

I have bought lots of beautiful fabrics, some lovely Batiks, some African fabric, a small pack of Oakshott cottons, and lots more! I also bought some wool tops in lovely rainbow colours (so I can try wet felting), African beads (just because they looked cool on the stick), some Angelica Fibres that bond together when heated, needles, threads & wadding. :D Perhaps I should lay all out and post a photo :lol:

I played on lots different sewing machines which was great fun (am going to my local shop to buy a new one later today :D:D:D )

The workshop classes were good - learnt lots and met some lovely people. I met a super lady, Jill from Birmingham, on the Threadplay class, we've exchanged phone numbers and I'm hoping to keep in touch with her. :D

The other highlight of my weekend was meeting Amy Butler. I had my “Amy Butler” bag with me and she saw it and was very complimentary about it. I was dead chuffed. :oops:

My friend and I are already planning to go again next year. :D

And here's that photo of all my goodies. :D

DSC04279.jpg

And to think this all started from your mystery patchwork.

:lol:

I went to FibreFest yesterday, which was great fun. It's a big knitting, crochet, yarn and fibre type show down in Cullompton. It's given me loads of ideas. I bought some Shetland Moffit to work with so I can do some felting and broken merino tops, (£1 for 100g! Brilliant!) and some other wool to felt with. Mum bought lots of four ply, as I want her to make me a fairisle waistcoat.

When I got home yesterday I started to make a felted sheep-He's not finished yet, but when he is I will give him to my old art teacher as she keeps sheep. Now I've started on an aran jumper from a cheap Debbie Bliss book we bought yesterday too. Hopefully I'll finish my scarf today too.

That sounds a good show Ubereglu, I hope we get to see the sheep. :D

Sally your shopping looks yummy. Stick of beads sounds fascinating, I missed that. Roll on next year. How lovely meeting Amy Butler, I met quite a few 'names' from quilting world including Kaffe Fassett on the thursday. Will watch with interest what you make :lol:

Can I see some chicken buttons there 8)

That sounds a good show Ubereglu, I hope we get to see the sheep. :D

Sally your shopping looks yummy. Stick of beads sounds fascinating, I missed that. Roll on next year. How lovely meeting Amy Butler, I met quite a few 'names' from quilting world including Kaffe Fassett on the thursday. Will watch with interest what you make :lol:

Can I see some chicken buttons there 8)

He's brilliant! We went to see the Blue and White exhibition two years ago with his work and it was awesome!

What are you all making now? I'm making a rubbish bin. :D

Don't be so hard on yourself, I bet it will look lovely! :D:wink:

Sewing! I'm playing around with some more patchwork and patterns, getting quite excited and can't put it down! I'm having a lovely time but there are not enough hours in the day. I was doing it the other night and kept thinking 'I'll just do this bit' when I finally looked at the clock it was 2am!! :shock::lol:

Been busy doing my crochet squares in the caravan tonight, once we got in from Aberystwyth. Bought some bargain wool whilst out today too. When we called at the craft centre, there was a young child using a Pfaff sort of sewing machine with a butterfly logo on it, but there was no cotton. She was making a sort of patchwork higgledy piggledy bag - it looked fab. Now what on earth was that machine? They also had needle felting machines. There were some gorgeous fat quarters & some wonderful rag rug kits that I fell in love with.

Emma.x

It's no good I'm going to have to get myself a sewing machine. Making this....

9629_133320747202_711812202_3027816_6930829_n.jpg

.... for my crochet hooks is taking forever by hand. And it looks quite good in the pics, but you should see the wobbly stitching close up :lol:

Also working on the other half of this which I started over Cake at the Kent Omleteer meet-up yesterday (thumb not yet finished in order to avoid second-mitt-syndrome):

9629_133321017202_711812202_3027818_2886595_n.jpg

Christmas pressies ahoy!

Yes what a brilliant idea for all those crochet hooks! :clap:

Yes - make that other mitten, it will soon be Winter!

I've been busy working on my one large granny square blanket. I love changing wool colour, the colours look so whacky together. I love crochet, it grows so quick & actually looks good with the cheapest of wools.

I've also got a pastel cotton crochet granny square bag on the go too - but the blanket took over progress on that, plus the squares are very intricate & require a bit more concentration. Very hard to do when Poppy (our kitten) is around!

Emma.x