ubereglu

What's everyone crafting today?

Hi Sha,

Knitting furiously here too, nothing else to do as voice has left me almosttotally now!

DH is doing the Chich run next weekend, as I think it could just finish me off, they'll drive up on Sat, and back Sun eve, spending Sunday in the University being taught goodness knows about athlete nutrition and fitness testing etc!

I wanted to go, :(

Ooo I like those wrist warmers! 8) I have a massive ball of funky self striping wool £5 from instore. I can make some wrist warmers maybe? I saw some in Joules a while back - but they were expensive.

That cute jacket is like the one I'm knitting my nephew ( without the hood). Did you use snoflake wool, as that's what I'm using?

I've done a birdie body today - I'm just doing the wing now.

Emma.x

oh thats lovely :D

who is it for?

im making ***these*** in a nutmeg marl colour :D

cathy

x

It's for my grandson. I made one last year when he was born and it was so successful my daughter asked me to knit a larger one. They live in the Pyrenees, so it gets very, very cold in the winter.

I love the wrist warmers. I might well make some of them for my daughter (well, actually, why not for me too :D

That cute jacket is like the one I'm knitting my nephew ( without the hood). Did you use snoflake wool, as that's what I'm using?

I've done a birdie body today - I'm just doing the wing now.

Emma.x

It's in a wool called Neige. It's incredibly warm and fluffy. Not easy to unpick if you make a mistake though :) I found some lovely wooden "fish" buttons which finished it off quite nicely.

I am really envious of all these homeknitted things for children. When I was little my mum knitted like a demon. Every knit. Click Click Click. Now I have children she has given away ALL her knitting things. Everything! :shock: Its very sad.

....Off to look on Folksy to see about buying the children something for Christmas :wink:

I love knitting. I knit novelty, whacky things rather than clothing. I get bored with kniting clothes. I don't have children, but I do have a nephew to knit for, otherwise I make stuff for us & prezzies. The quirkier, the better. I always love Alan dart patterns & find lots of stuff on the net.

Emma.x

Do you do commisions? :pray:

Barbara, that is a really beautiful outfit. How come you have waited for 20 years to take up knitting again? Lovely colours too. 4.gif

Bigmommasally, that is just fantastic. I bet it took ages to make.3.gif

I am knitting another little hoodie for a friend of mine's future grandson. Not very pleased with it though, as I don't like the wool any more, but can't waste it. Oh well, baby wont know and it will keep him warm :D

I don't know anything about Alan Dart, so am just about to look him up. I like quirkie, craftyhunnypie :D

Sorry, it's me again. Craftyhunneypie, I have just been onto the Alan Dart site. I can't believe how wonderful his patterns are. So very, very clever. Are they difficult to knit? I really must get some of them. I have downloaded the Percy Pigeon one. Thanks for letting us know about this very clever designer! :clap: (love all the names too)

Barbara, that is a really beautiful outfit. How come you have waited for 20 years to take up knitting again? Lovely colours too. 4.gif

Well i knittied for my eldest a few bits then had 2 more kids in 3 yrs so 3 under 5, no time to knit lol

then no babies really in family till g.neice born in August :D also when i got into crochet i thought i'd give knitting a go again and the patterns are much more exciting now!