ubereglu

What's everyone crafting today?

Here you go Henriette, hope these make sense :)

Christmas Tree Wall Hanging Instructions.

Materials:

A fat quarter each of 2 contrasting fabrics

A small amount of brown fabric or felt for the trunk

And a small amount of fabric for the pot in your choice of colour.

A few beads or charms to decorate.

Method

Make a template of a 5” equilateral triangle

Cut out 10 triangles from each of the fat quarters

Put one of each colour triangle right sides together, and machine a ¼” seam all the way round leaving a small gap to turn the triangle the right way out.

Repeat for the other 9 pairs.

Turn all the triangles the right way out and push out the corners

Slip stitch the small gap.

You next need to find the centre of the triangle:

Fold the triangle in half along each side and crease with your finger, where your creases cross is the centre.

With a needle and thread make a small double stitch in the centre

Then pull in each point of the triangle to the centre and stitch the points to hold them in place.

Turn the triangle over

Bring your needle up through the centre and now pull in the middle in each side of the triangle and stitch in place.

Add a bead or charm to the centre.

Repeat with the 9 other triangles.

Once all 10 triangles are complete arrange in a triangle shape with 4 on the bottom row.

Join the tips of each shape with a few stitches.

Join 2 pieces of your chosen fabric to make the pot, leaving the top edge open

Make a trunk with the brown s"Ooops, word censored!"s, pop the end into the open top of the pot,

Turn the edges in and top stitch in place.

Hand sew the top of the trunk to the back of your triangle.

Add a small piece of ribbon to the top to hang.

Hang up, take a picture and post in the Crafty Section of the Omlet Forum!

:D

And so you should be proud of it. It is really gorgeous. :D Is it for you or someone else

Its actually for another forum I go to. Its a parenting/babywearing one. I donated it to them, as its their first birthday in the next couple of weeks and its going into a draw for the senior members. The site has an Oak Leaf as its emblem. A couple of people have approached me to make them one, if they dont win the original :D

it's clay that you form - then fire with a gas lighter thing, buff it & you have real siver! Magic!

Emma.x

Its fantastic stuff. You can get it in Gold, Silver and Bronze. Once its fired you are left with something that is a higher carat than Sterling Silver, if you register with an Assay office, you can get your work hallmarked :D

[quote name="Ygerna

Its actually for another forum I go to. Its a parenting/babywearing one. I donated it to them' date=' as its their first birthday in the next couple of weeks and its going into a draw for the senior members. The site has an Oak Leaf as its emblem. A couple of people have approached me to make them one, if they dont win the original :D[/quote]

I hope you get lots of orders! I have just visited your jewelry site. You really have designed some lovely items. :clap::clap:

Gorgeous Ygerna, was it the clay or paste you made it with? Did you make the "stemmy" bit with clay too or did you flatten some sterling wire? Actually it could even be part of the chain, I can't quite make it out :anxious: .....it doesn't seem to matter how many pics I take I can never get all the detail to show clearly in a photo :roll:

It's really lovely :clap::clap:

And Emma it is worth dragging that box back out & having a go, once you get used to working quite quickly with it as it dries out so quickly, it's not that difficult :wink:

Sha x

Gorgeous Ygerna, was it the clay or paste you made it with? Did you make the "stemmy" bit with clay too or did you flatten some sterling wire? Actually it could even be part of the chain, I can't quite make it out :anxious: .....it doesn't seem to matter how many pics I take I can never get all the detail to show clearly in a photo :roll:

It's really lovely :clap::clap:

And Emma it is worth dragging that box back out & having a go, once you get used to working quite quickly with it as it dries out so quickly, it's not that difficult :wink:

Sha x

Sha, the leaf is made from PMC3, and the stem is made with square silver wire, which I shaped. I'm only just experimenting with wire wrapping and shaping but already I love it. :dance:

I'm going to see if I can do something 'chickeny' next :lol:

I've finally made a bag ALL FOR MYSELF!!! 8)

I couldn't resist when I saw the fabric jelly roll in these colours:

DSCF4936.jpg

The pattern is in Susan Briscoe's 21 Fabulous Patchwork bags, but there were a lot of errors in the instructions and it was not easy to follow!

DSCF4939.jpg

It was worth it in the end though! 8)

DSCF4961.jpg