ubereglu

What's everyone crafting today?

Well, I have knitted one row of my grandson's jacket. Compared to what everyone else has done this weekend, it doesn't amount to too much. However, I did manage to conquer posting a photo yesterday, which, I may add was no mean feat. I did have help from Scramble and Scrambled though.

Will try to get more of said jacket done tonight.

I so admire all you quilters and your beautiful quilts! What patience!

today i've been working on my twilight scarf, it needs to be about 7ft long and is at about 3ft at the moment

september021.jpg

this is the scarf in the movie

nikki-twilight.jpg

I've also sown up a dress and bonnet i knitted for DD2s baby born doll

august021.jpg

august024.jpg

and sown in the ends of a shawl i've knitted for my mum ready for blocking

august006.jpg

phew busy busy busy lol

I love the Quilt cover Mrs W - lovely colours. :D

And I love all your knitting Steph - the baby doll clothes are so cute - I've never mastered the art of knitting so I'm well impressed :D

I've come to a grinding halt on my lap quilt as stupid girl that I am I underestimated how much fabric I would need for the border and I haven't got anywhere near enough so I have to wait until I can get to the shop to but some more. :roll:

Never mind I've started another bag today instead, :lol: I'm getting my moneys worth out of the amy butler pattern! :lol:

Wow you have all been so busy. :clap::clap::D

This weekend I finished a project that's been on the go for the last eighteen months, a throw made of hexagons. It's for my daughter and she is very excited at it being finished. There should have been just under 300 hex but I decided to do another couple of rows of hexagons. So it's turned out bigger. Very nice.

So what should I crochet next? Do not suggest another throw. :wink:

I think you should make a lap quilt with 1" squares all of different fabrics :lol:

Where are the photos then of your labour of love. :D

We've been doing applique at patchwork class - learning some new techniques, it' great fun! I've just finished my two sample pieces.

They are just practice pieces using s"Ooops, word censored!"s of fabric, so excuse the fabric experiments!

This one is invisible thread needle turned applique. The fabric is turned under a freezer paper template and stitched by hand.

DSCF4788.jpg

This is cut away applique. The layers of fabric are tacked together,then the pattern cut out of the top piece and stitched, a smaller piece cut out of the next layer and so on.

DSCF4789.jpg

Next week we are doing shadow applique using layers of organza!