welovemarmite

cure for sore winter hands

I swear by Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream, for all sorts of sore,chapped or burned skin.

Its actually more of a balm than a cream, & is quite miraculous.

Badgers balms are very good too, & they do a builders one which my husband uses,as the skin on his thumbs always cracks in the cold weather,when he is working outside.

Thanks. I have tried the norwegian one and that doesnt seem to help.

Might try and locate badgers balm. I assume I should be able to get that in somewhere like boots?

like the sound of stuff for cows!! but think i would be very embarressed going in to our farmers supply shop and asking for something to put on cows udders.... :oops:

Udderly Smooth cream is the one you are thinking about. It is very good. I've only ever found it on-line as no where round these parts sell it. I am having to apply my Betnovate a lot more (steroid cream) as I find if my hands start to crack, then its the slippery slope to very sore, itchy hands :(

apart from my so unfarmerwife look.....

going to see if i can pick up some badger balm later..... if not then it might be a trip to cox and robinson and pretending to own cows... if not there is a lush in MK on friday and will be in the office then so can try some of that.

Like the idea of the badger balm as its small enough to throw in my hand bag.

mmmmm to much to decide now.

Didn't know there was a cox robinson in banbury. I go to the buckingham one normally.

Vets stores.....now i reckon i could pass as a vet more thana farmer.......

is there a supplier local to you? as it wont be far from me.

I think Crofts has the Johnsons, i'm sure i've seen it in there before.

Udderly Smooth is brill (used it for quilting - sore fingers), but like previously mentioned it's hard to get. I have seen some other udder cream in the farm merchants just outside Alton, so may get some next time I venture that way. I'm assuming it's all the same stuff.

Other than that we used to get the Hemp hand cream from The Body Shop. Pongs, but good - my dad always used to get cracked skin on his hands and this did work very well for him.