Valkyrie

Family Trees; are any Omleteers related?

South Wales surnames are: Walters, Holmes, Knowles, Jenkins. All from the villages of Abertridwr, Senghenydd and the area around Caerphilly (Caerffili in Welsh) mainly in the parish of Eglwysilan.

English surnames are: Pearce, Rutland, mainly from Berkshire, although the Rutland surname suggests that the family may have originated in that county.

My maiden name is Jenkins and my family are originally from the Rhonda (around Ynyshir and the surrounding areas).

South Wales surnames are: Walters, Holmes, Knowles, Jenkins. All from the villages of Abertridwr, Senghenydd and the area around Caerphilly (Caerffili in Welsh) mainly in the parish of Eglwysilan.

English surnames are: Pearce, Rutland, mainly from Berkshire, although the Rutland surname suggests that the family may have originated in that county.

My maiden name is Jenkins and my family are originally from the Rhonda (around Ynyshir and the surrounding areas).

My Dad came form Ynyshir :D

My OH bought a genealogy magazine which had a free disc with My Heritage Family Tree Builder on it.

We've not done any official research yet but if you put names and dates of birth and/or death into Family Tree Builder and someone else has the same person in their published tree, it makes an internet link 8) . I've made contact with my birth mother's brother that way and got some more info about her family.

My brother is the main researcher - he's having a time-out because he's added to it and we've increased it by one. :lol:

We have:

Clements - Reading/Berks and North Hampshire

Croucher - London and southern counties

Druiett - London and possibly Dorset

Eaton - Suffolk

Parker - Suffolk - Ipswich

Kirby - mainly London, Hampstead

Brady - ? Stepney

Fidler - Suffolk - Ipswich

Burgess - Southwark

Tillett - Essex

Maverly - ? Gloucester origins?

Hutchings - Chelsea

Butcher - ?

Evans - ?

Why they had to roam I have no idea - my SIL's family all come from Wiltshire and Dorset - although her mum is half Welsh (now that's caused a few problems with tracing back - so many with the same name). The Irish side arrived before the potato famine but don't know how long before. We haven't reached the 1700's yet.

Edited by Guest

Clark - London mainly

Dimond - Kent

Hope - Somerset

Ellis - Cardiff

White - Kent

Shepherd - Kent

Davis - London

Weston - London

O'Rourke - County Wicklow

That'll do for now, unfortunately we don't have any unusual names (apart from Dimond I suppose) in our tree really so it takes a lot to trawl through everything :roll:

Clark - London mainly

Dimond - Kent

Hope - Somerset

Ellis - Cardiff

White - Kent

Shepherd - Kent

Davis - London

Weston - London

That'll do for now, unfortunately we don't have any unusual names (apart from Dimond I suppose) in our tree really so it takes a lot to trawl through everything :roll:

Well I have a lot of 'Whites' Seagazer.. :lol: :lol:

We've got the Edwards from Shoreditch and the Burtons from Hoo in North Kent.

The family tree on my Mums side has been traced back to the 1600's......

I managed to locate a whole missing branch of the family and gained a load of relatives. I have also found at least one bigamous marriage ( my Great Grandad liked the laydeees- I have found him marrying 4 times- we only knew about 2 !). Everytime I think we've found every skeleton in the closet, another tumbles out!

For anyone that may be interested theres a 'Who Do You Think You Are'live in London next month with loads of experts on hand............

Mum and I are going to see if we can solve a few mysteries that we have failed to solve ( like what did happen to Great Grandad's 2nd wife, and why can't I find him on two census's)

Many of my ancestors came to Birmingham from various parts of the country during the Industrial Revolution. They settled and worked in and around the Jewelery Quarter.

Some of the names are:

Wheatley from Birmingham

Widdas from York

Cosier from Stow on the Wold

Hubbard from Louth

Dodson from Stratford upon Avon

Lynam from Birmingham

Fowkes from Birmingham

Clark - London mainly

Dimond - Kent

Hope - Somerset

Ellis - Cardiff

White - Kent

Shepherd - Kent

Davis - London

Weston - London

Well I have a lot of 'Whites' Seagazer.. :lol: :lol:

Ooh - perhaps we're related!

My Whites had hundreds of children, well not literally but very large family. My Gt Grandfather and his father were both called Friend White. I've got so many distant relations from this branch of the tree.

I've never been able to find my Gt Grandfather's marriage certificate either, he died at 27, poor thing and his 'wife' ran off with the baby and left my nan with the in-laws and was never heard of again. How sad is that?

Her name was Rose Baker from Kingston Surrey just in case anyone knows of her, daughter was Ivy White. :D

ChickenNutter - my family on my fathers side are Kays - all worked on the railways in Yorkshire - Leeds area. Before that, family name was Tucker.

Mother's side is Lambert and they were farmers in the south east area of London.

That one might be a link to mine. My maiden name is Lambert and I've managed to trace back to the very early 1800s and there were Lamberts on my line who were farmers living in Surrey.

I haven't done anything with it for quite a while as I drew a blank but I know another member of the family has gone back quite a bit further than I did. When I'm feeling up to it, I'll have a look where he's got to and see if there is anything to link with yours Laura.

I have read through the whole of this thread and the above is the only post with a common name to mine. My Grandad was a Pearce living in south London. He was descended from Alfred John Pearce, an astrologist and published author and Charles T Pearce, a doctor with his own Wiki page!

Other names in my tree are

Sheppard S London

Worsell Surrey and Kent

Canning Warwickshire, Stratford area

Rieder French Huguenots based in Soho and Marylebone

Russell Croydon and London, previously Yorkshire

Weaver London and Yorkshire

On my husband's side

Nye Sussex

Bell Yorkshire

Pettigrew Glasgow

Tuvey London

I am really stuck with the Arnall family which is based in the Birmingham/Coventry area. I think many of them became Arnolds but I know there are a few Arnalls left.

I love Family History and it is indeed extremely addictive!

That one might be a link to mine. My maiden name is Lambert and I've managed to trace back to the very early 1800s and there were Lamberts on my line who were farmers living in Surrey.

I haven't done anything with it for quite a while as I drew a blank but I know another member of the family has gone back quite a bit further than I did. When I'm feeling up to it, I'll have a look where he's got to and see if there is anything to link with yours Laura.

That would be interesting -I'll have a word with my Mum and see if I can get a bit more info - there were lots of them in the family apparently!

Many of my ancestors came to Birmingham from various parts of the country during the Industrial Revolution. They settled and worked in and around the Jewelery Quarter.

Some of the names are:

Wheatley from Birmingham

Widdas from York

Cosier from Stow on the Wold

Hubbard from Louth

Dodson from Stratford upon Avon

Lynam from Birmingham

Fowkes from Birmingham

Ooh, I wonder if your Fowkes and my Fawkes are related, they were from Birmingham too and quite often spellings of surnames were accidentally altered due to people not being able to spell.... :D

That would be interesting - I'll have a word with my Mum and see if I can get a bit more info - there were lots of them in the family apparently!

I've just had a very quick look at my notes from when I last worked on it and there were Lamberts on my line in Compton in Sussex (don't know if it's East or West) but that isn't from you anyway is it? That was in 1810. Towards the end of the 1800s they moved to East Meon in Hampshire where they were still farming.

My Dad moved up here when he met and married my Mum and the farming stopped when my Grandad decided to set up a coach company called Little Wonder which operated out of Petersfield.

One fact that I found absolutely fascinating is my friends' maiden name was Dodgson and she has managed to trace her line back to Charles Dodgson aka Lewis Carroll.