mostin

Sad news about Big Bad Bill

We loved him, we got a few scars from him :roll: , he even got threatened with the pot on more than one occasion :evil: , but he was my first ever cockerel, and a proper beast of a boy he was :D .

Unfortunately this morning I found him on the floor of his run, dead, presumably from a sudden heart attack or just old age :cry::cry: . Quite a shock, and yet amusing in a macabre sort of way as I had 2, 6 year old girls with me, who were very interested in the whole "death" thing :roll::wall::wall: .

We were both really ill last week and never got round to "ending" our x-mas chicken, who happens to be Bills son. He is one lucky chicken now :shock::shock: , as he will now have to enter the breeding program instead of the slow cooker :wink: .

Any name ideas for a rooster this lucky to escape his doom? greatly received :D .

I am upset about loosing Bill, but he was a real Cockerel and I just want to remember him as the way he was, in all his feisty glory :D:D .

d647cdead1bd4feab220a04f3f726384.jpg

Here he is last January at the Hipperholme show.

0716948d53d04bf882fcf041cc2286ba.jpg

And putting up with a cuddle from me, when he won his first ever 1st place :D .

Im so sorry Elaine, you know how much i loved Bill and i was lucky enough to get a lovley cuddle from him when i visited last year.

005-6.jpg

He will never be forgotten by me as he was my first ever cockerel 'crush' :D

I shall look forward to hatching some of his offsprings eggs in the spring :)

RIP Dear Bill :cry:

and lots of hugs to you Elaine

Edited by Guest

Oh we certainly have a lot of memories of him :lol::lol: , like the time he treaded 12 of my ladies in 12 minutes :shock::shock: , and the fact that he always attacked my mother on sight :twisted: .

My 6 foot 2 husband would not go near him without a shovel for protection :roll: , and yet when we went to the Federation chicken show before Christmas, my 2, 10 year old chicken sitters, entered his pen to defrost his water without injury.

A lot of memories of a chicken bought at an auction, as a girl :oops: , breed unknown, and called Bella for quite some-time, but he was responsible for my first efforts at taking chickens to shows, and starting to breed them :D .

I'm really sorry to hear about Bill, we always enjoyed tales of his antics and his show successes. He was so lucky to go home from that auction with you and go on to have such a lovely life. Sorry that you both were ill last week and do hope you are feeling better now, but very glad that you didn't get round to preparing your christmas dinner :) we will look forward to seeing Bills son in future shows.

OMG :shock:

erm....stands well back to ask 'Do you know anything about mini-Bill's character yet?' :lol:

Character unknown yet. Bill was completely sweet for his first year. he was such a huge bird he took a long time to reach maturity, and when he was in full breeding mode last spring, he turned from cuddle monster to demon child :evil::evil: .

Will wait and see with his offspring.

Photos of his highlights here http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=318991&id=687269415

Well as Bill's no 1 fan I am so sorry :(

Sure his boy will do you proud with more offspring and showing. These boys of yours have a way of escaping the chop but fancy old Bill just dropping like that bet he's giving everyone hell up there.

Like Lewis's name of Ben or you could call him Harry (William and Harry) :? or Plod

Or how about SOB (son of Bill) :wink::lol: