Lesley

The Good Life 2011 - New photos!

Yes, we do sell some of it, we have regular customers. The pigs are raised to order, as are the lambs. We've just started selling eggs from the end of the drive as we were drowning in them :lol:

I think there are 15 pheasants - they won't stay still long enough for me to count!

Awww those cute pheasant chicks. My sister used to have pheasants every year, collect the eggs & wash them for the game keeper. They were literally hatched & raised for the shoots. I like to see pheasants wandering - lovely colours the males, but they are so dizzy!

Think yourself lucky they wren't guinea fowl eggs your dog found. I love Guinea fowl, but they are very noisy!

I'm liking the chick names - Ernie & Michael. :lol:

Emma.x

We had a visit from Sha on Saturday - and I'd completely forgotten that she may be calling in :oops:

It was just as well really as Carl and I were desperately trying to get all the veg plants out in the plots before the rain promised for Sunday. We'd been forecast some heavy showers all week but hadn't had any and the ground was so dry but the forecasters were adamant that Sunday would be very wet.

Sha - you're a star! - thank you for weeding the onions :D - after the blazing sunshine when you arrived we managed to get the last of the bean plants out in torrential rain and were frozen by the time we came in......and it certainly DID rain all day Sunday so all are well watered in now.

I've finished the extreme weeding now so hopefully I can now keep on top of it by doing an hour or so a day - I certainly won't be leaving it unweeded this Autumn like I did last year, Spring arrived so suddenly and weeds were knee high straight away. It's been a really hard job getting it all back to manageable.

I'm taking my felted wraps and scarves to another Pamper Evening on Tuesday so I'm hoping we don't have a heatwave ......a nice cool evening would be good :D

Aaawww Lesley, I'm sure I'm not a star :oops: ........thankyou for introducing me to all your critters & taking the time to show me around.......least I could do was pull a few weeds :lol:

My scarf was admired on Saturday evening :wink: it added a beautiful splash of colour to my black & white outfit :D

Thank you once again, you have worked so hard on your little patch of paradise, it really has to be seen to be appreciated {{{hugs}}} to you both

Sha x